Sublime Forum

Ctrl+alt+p does not work

The key combination ctrl+alt+p stopped working forme; I checked the default key bindings, and I can see the line { "keys": "ctrl+alt+p"], "command": "prompt_select_project" },

I’m running Sublime Text 2 on linux. Any ideas on how to fix or troubleshoot this?

0 Likes

What happens if you run:

sublime.log_commands(True)

And then press the combination? On OSX I see prompt_select_workspace and the window appears.

Perhaps it’s a conflicting plugin.

0 Likes

I used ctrl+` to bring up the command line, and ran the code you gave me. When I press ctrl+alt+p, nothing happens, but if I do most anything else, I get output, e.g.:

command: drag_select {"event": {"button": 1, "x": 632.5, "y": 441.5}} command: drag_select {"event": {"button": 1, "x": 632.5, "y": 441.5}} command: drag_select {"event": {"button": 1, "x": 604.5, "y": 343.5}} command: drag_select {"event": {"button": 1, "x": 643.5, "y": 487.5}} command: drag_select {"event": {"button": 1, "x": 561.5, "y": 249.5}} command: show_overlay {"overlay": "command_palette"}

I don’t know if it is helpful, but whenever I press ctrl+alt+p, the hard drive does a quick grind.

0 Likes

It sounds like another application is stealing the key press before Sublime Text gets to see it.

You can enter sublime.log_input(True) in the console to see what key events are being sent to Sublime Text.

0 Likes

I’ve just come to that conclusion myself. I can’t figure out what application it is, though. I’ve searched through both the keyboard shortcuts and the gconf-editor, and neither bind ctrl+alt+p to anything. The hard drive spinning is an indication that something is happening. Any ideas on how to figure out what that “something” is?

0 Likes

I bet it’s not even Sublime related. Did you install something else that’s eating the control-alt-P shortcut? Maybe a printscreen/screenshot tool?

EDIT: what desktop environment are you running? What extensions?

0 Likes

I’m running Ubuntu, with the gnome 3 desktop environment, and you just solved my problem! I installed the Pomodoro timer extension a few weeks back, and I just discovered that it grabs ctrl+alt+p to start and stop the timer. I thought it was odd that the timer occasionally ran “without” my intervention :smiley:

Thanks for your help everyone!

0 Likes