Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3014

Waiting for a blog post with some info on everyone (yeah, including you, Jon!): picture, small description, role and so on :geek:

And some future plans for Sublime would be much appreciated too!

0 Likes

I was not sure how much of a co-incidence this was :wink:. Thank you very much!

Thanks again for the prompt help!

0 Likes

Yes, please.

0 Likes

Damn, it’s soooo close, but there are still glitches caused by rounded corners on the edge of regions.
“no_antialias” doesn’t help either.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Jump Back / Jump Forward were done by Hong, one of Sublime HQs new employees (the other being Kari, whose work you can see in the recent blog post). You can direct all blame there, provided I can cajole him into joining the forum :smile:[/quote]

So thanks Hong, clever implementation and nicely writing (even unittest!).
I think there’s only a small bug (typo) here:

elif name == 'move_to' and args'to'] == 'bof' and args'to'] == 'eof': # move to bof/eof get_jump_history(view.window().id()).push_selection(view)
I suppose it must be a or in the test:

elif name == 'move_to' and (args'to'] == 'bof' or args'to'] == 'eof'):

When I saw the addition of on_text_command/on_window_command, I immediately though it will be useful for this kind of things but I’m not sure that, if I had to write it myself, my solution will be as clean.
Using add_region() in on_selection_modified/on_modified event is a nightmare, undo command screw everything.

Now I’ve a question for Hong:
Currently the commands that trigger a push_selection() is written in stone (does it means something in english ?) in the on_text_command.
I have my own commands to navigate in the view and I like that they trigger the push_selection() too.
Is it OK to create my own eventlistener and use push_selection() ?

[code]import sublime, sublime_plugin
import Default.history_list as history_list

class MyJumpHistoryUpdater(sublime_plugin.EventListener):
def on_text_command(self, view, name, args):
if view.settings().get(‘is_widget’):
return
if name == ‘move’ and args’by’] == ‘words’:
# syntax is {‘by’: ‘lines’, ‘forward’: True}
history_list.get_jump_history(view.window().id()).push_selection(view)[/code]

0 Likes

Really liked the add_region changes!

Maybe a bug though:
The API says I can use an icon name of “cross”. When I try it gives a yellow and red stripped graphic with this error:
Unable to decode Packages/Theme - Default/cross.png

0 Likes

I’m not seeing the fading minimap nor its related option in the default settings file. Anyone?

0 Likes

good

0 Likes

1. As long as there’s a setting to switch this on and off I’m fine with it.
  2. If draw_minimap_border setting is true, when I move the mouse over the minimap, the border flashes and disappears. Looks like a bug.
0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

• Minimap view rectangle auto hides, and only displays on mouse over. This is an experimental change, I’d like feedback from anyone who thinks this is for the worse.[/quote]

Recently I’ve set the “overlay_scroll_bars” to “enabled” on my Windows box and activated the “draw_minimap_border”.
The point was to expand my workspace by removing the scroll bars, now I use the minimap as an indicator of my position in the file in place of the scroll bar.
I’m pretty happy with this configuration and I think I will keep it.

So the auto hide of the minimap view rectangle don’t make me happy, cos I’ve now no indicator of my relative position in the file without using the mouse or moving the view.
So a setting to enabled/disable auto hide is really a must have for me.

0 Likes

You have forgotten this setting in the Default/Preferences.sublime-settings.

Edit: @bizoo There is already a setting, just set “always_show_minimap”: true

0 Likes

Bug: I’m getting html tag autocompletions in meta.tag scope.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

• Minimap view rectangle auto hides, and only displays on mouse over. This is an experimental change, I’d like feedback from anyone who thinks this is for the worse.[/quote]

For a window with a 1x1 row/column layout the change is merely a bit distracting. For multi-column layouts the minimap loses nearly all of its utility (at least for the way I use it).

0 Likes

Okay I made a gif to show my auto-complete problem

In ST3 I get <acronym as an auto-complete which is way off.

Here is the auto-complete code, it’s the same for both ST2 and ST3
github.com/SublimeText/ColdFusi … -plugin.py

0 Likes

Strange, I am on Windows and jump back doesn’t seem to work. German keyboard (notebook, so can’t check numpad), and alt± does nothing. The menu entry does nothing either.

jps, while you are at quick panel stuff, have you considered the following two changes / features:

1.) Keep open quick panels open when you alt+tab away from the Sublime window. At the moment, Command Palette stays open, all others close. Strangely inconsistent.

2.) Add a command to reopen the last instance of Go to … , with saved input

0 Likes

3014 keeps asking me for permissions every time I save a file. 3013 did not.

0 Likes

In a project with source files written in several programming languages is there any way, so that “go to definition” only lists possible Defintion in Files written in the same language?

0 Likes

Mac OSX.8.2
Build 3014 crashes after the following actions:

• open a file
  • do some actions
  • click on the red dot to close the window
    -> after a second ST3 crashes

Piero

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 3014

Im not a fan of auto hide the minimap view rectangle but keeping the option “always_show_minimap” setted to false by default should make everyone happy… especially me :smile:

Otherwise, great job jps!

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”][attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 3.44.33 PM.png[/attachment]

3014 keeps asking me for permissions every time I save a file. 3013 did not.[/quote]

I’m getting this too (on OSX). I solved it by disabling atomic_save.

0 Likes