Sublime Forum

Hide build results window if there is no error

Is is posible? Or at least autohide it.

2 Likes

+1
ah great, i had the same question in the last days, tried to find a function to hide it and then call this function in the build cmd, but… i guess i’m not so deep into sublime yet.

0 Likes

+1
I find it really annoying that there is no option for this.
I see this was filed back in October. Has this been fixed as of yet?

0 Likes

+1

the language that i use doesn’t requires any building, just simply running the file. To avoid the builder window popup i actually extracting the currently edited file’s name+full path from the titlebar, and run it like that.

ಠ_ಠ

0 Likes

hi you can hide it in preferences > settings - deflaut.
Find show_panel_on_build and chnge it to false.

U can also create a short-cut in preferences > key bindings - user adding

{ "keys": "f12"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "output.exec"} },

I have bind it to F12.
u can hide panel pressing ESC

1 Like

[quote=“michalh”]hi you can hide it in preferences > settings - deflaut.
[/quote]

for some reaons changing show_panel_on_build to false in Default settings doesn’t do anything (Output pane still appears on every build)
I’ve checked maybe User or Project specific setting overlap it, but no - Default is the only place where show_panel_on_build is defined in my case.
Any clues what could be the problem?

0 Likes

Some python scripts have this hard-wired to show the build results, so that would be one place to check if the default / user preferences appear to have no effect.

I have hard-coded an open on failure and close on success in one of my favorite python build sripts

self.window.run_command("show_panel", {"panel": "output.exec"})
self.window.run_command("hide_panel", {"panel": "output.exec"})
1 Like

[quote=“lawlist”]self.window.run_command("show_panel", {"panel": "output.exec"})

self.window.run_command("hide_panel", {"panel": "output.exec"})

Here’s how you put it into your User key-bindings:

{ "keys": "ctrl+alt+shift+pageup"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "output.exec"} }, { "keys": "ctrl+alt+shift+pagedown"], "command": "hide_panel", "args": {"panel": "output.exec"} },

(You can just hit escape to close it, by the way.)

Would be really nice if you could resize these build-results with a key-command.

0 Likes

[quote=“michalh”]hi you can hide it in preferences > settings - deflaut.

U can also create a short-cut in preferences > key bindings - user adding

{ "keys": "f12"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "output.exec"} },

I have bind it to F12.
u can hide panel pressing ESC[/quote]

the escape button was very handy. Thanks very much.

0 Likes

show_panel_on_build: false hides the panel always.

Whether and I can make so that panel wasn’t visible when in my build there are no problems, i.e only [Finished in 1.0s], but would be displayed when I see stack trace, i.e. I have errors in my code?

Thanks.

1 Like

I think I found the solution to problem. Plugin Build Next. You do not need to customize, simply install the plugin.

2 Likes

Many years later, but I’d like to be able to do this – without learning a new plugin.

0 Likes