Sublime Forum

Vintage Auto return to command mode

I’m sure this is possible, but I’m not sure where to start to make it happen… I’m looking for a macro that will automatically switch me back to command mode when I leave the tab (IE switching tabs, switching programs, etc.).

0 Likes

I you are using S3, you can give Vintageous a try. It does that and much more Vintage doesn’t:

github.com/guillermooo/Vintageous

0 Likes

[quote=“guillermooo”]I you are using S3, you can give Vintageous a try. It does that and much more Vintage doesn’t:

github.com/guillermooo/Vintageous[/quote]

Great, installing now–thanks guillermooo!

0 Likes

When using Vintageous, if I switch tabs and it auto-returns to command mode sublime indicates that the content of the file has changed and that it needs to be saved (tab text turns red). Is this a shortcoming of the plugin or ST3, is it fixable?

Edit:
I noticed that hitting Esc also caused the tab to indicate changes to be saved. I was able to reproduce this consistently, then disabled Vintageous and switched back to Vintage mode to test to see if the issue also happened there. It didn’t. I then switched back to Vintageous and now it doesn’t seem to be happening at all. Weird.

0 Likes

It’s a known issue.

github.com/guillermooo/Vintageous/issues/126

I’ll have to check what does Vintage do differently.

0 Likes

Cool, thanks.

0 Likes