Sublime Forum

ST3 Package manager - How well does it currently work?

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience using Sublime Text 3 with Package Editor? I want to switch to ST3 but only if Package manager is fairly stable and the majority of plugins are working.

0 Likes

Probably you should tell what plugins are you using. I can bet that a JS developer uses slightly different plugins than a Ruby developer :smile:

Package Manager works pretty well and most plugins already have a ST3 compatibility branch (or take a look in pull requests on github)

0 Likes

Probably not a comprehensive list, but take a look at github.com/wbond/sublime_packag … e-Packages for compatible packages. If you know of one that is compatible and not listed, you can always add it. If there is a plugin that doesn’t have a port yet, it may be worth creating an issue on that repository (though that doesn’t always mean it will get updated, depending on what the developer is up to).

0 Likes

Packages I currently use:

AdvancedNewFile
ApacheConf
File Diffs
INI
nginx
Format SQL
Pretty JSON
Tag
Theme - Soda

I’ll just look into each to see if they work on ST3. It’s also good to get a feel for how others perceive stability. I used ST2 dev build for months and never ran into any issues so I’m sure it’s probably fine.

0 Likes

I’m working on adding support for new JSON definitions so that packages can specify what versions of ST they are compatible with. After that we should hopefully be looking at PC beta for ST3.

0 Likes