Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3016

Dev Build 3016 is out now. There are HTML completion improvements, and some changes to word navigation (i.e., ctrl+left/right or option+left/right on mac). The word navigation rules have changed such that now:

• the caret won’t stop on punctuation, unless the punctuation is bounded by whitespace.
  • the caret will stop after a closing bracket.

These changes should be that

For example, given this text:

foo.do_stuff(bar(), baz)

3016 will stop at these locations (when moving to the right):

foo|.do_stuff|(bar|()|,| baz|)

Whereas previous versions will stop at:

foo|.|do_stuff|(bar|(),| baz|)

Note that it’s now simpler to select “bar()” in the above code, and there aren’t wasted stop positions around the “.”. The changes also mean that in HTML, the caret will always stop between tags, which makes copying them simpler.

0 Likes

Thanks for the updates. Pretty nice changes. There are few things that I think that are wrong…ish:

• html completion works and not really. Try to open

• multiline search is awesome (contless time it happened to accidentaly paste some multiline content). However…
    • the „find what” box should prevent somehow accidental up/down arrow (probably double press on arrows when the caret is at the begining/end of the search string to change to prev/next search terms? Or better, a configure option?)
    • it’s impossible to press Enter in the „replace with” box (actually scratch that, i noticed that ctrl+shift+enter does it)
    • hopefully we will have some dropdown like arrows to nicely list latest search terms

0 Likes

Dear jps,

It is still problem with reindent. I can send my sample html file. With this file in ST2 reindent working OK but reindent in ST3 allign all lines to left.

ArekS

0 Likes

Love the rapid development again. Any word on why in the switch projects window for a given project it shows the path twice instead of how it used to work for ST2 where it would show the project name (I assume from the sublime-project filename) followed by the path? My paths are pretty deep and it’s very difficult to see what project I’m switching to now. This happens with both projects that I brought over from ST2 and new projects created from ST3. Windows 7 32 bit, build 3016 (but I’ve seen this behavior since ST3 was released).

0 Likes

+1 on the reindent problem, I believe 3015 actually broke it but with html especially, it just indents everything to the same level :frowning:

0 Likes

Still getting this from loading Emmett. Thoughts?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py”, line 70, in reload_plugin
m = imp.reload(m)
File “X/imp.py”, line 252, in reload
File “”, line 586, in _check_name_wrapper
File “”, line 1023, in load_module
File “”, line 1004, in load_module
File “”, line 562, in module_for_loader_wrapper
File “”, line 869, in _load_module
File “”, line 313, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/Users/noel/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/Emmet/emmet-plugin.py”, line 19, in
reload(sys.modules’emmet.reloader’])

0 Likes

Any chance of getting these things addressed?

0 Likes

0 Likes