Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Confused prior to purchase

Confused prior to purchase

Postby duduiki on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:59 pm

The information on the site are unclear, or at least I do not understand them properly. Let's assume I'd want to purchase a license right now (7th March 2013), does that mean I may use ST3 beta, but need to upgrade my license whenever ST3 is finally released or is my ST2 license also valid for the final ST3.

I'm asking, since the FAQ states that ST3 licenses need to be upgraded to ST4 whenever that is released and an older cached version of that FAQ states the same for ST2 licenses and since ST3 is NOT YET released, I assume I am going to purchase a ST2 licence.

Hope this makes sense... So, do I have to wait for ST3 to be released to get the license or not?
duduiki

Re: Confused prior to purchase

Postby assassini on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 pm

If I remember correctly, there's going to be a price increase when Sublime Text 3 is released. You'll need to upgrade your existing license for a small amount of money, but it'll be cheaper if you have bought it recently.

If you buy a license right now, you can use the Sublime Text 3 beta until it's released.
assassini

Postby djczaski on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I hope that's not case ... I just bought a license. The blog post says:

All license keys purchased since the previous blog post announcing Sublime Text 3 are already full Sublime Text 3 license keys, and no upgrade will be required for these purchases. Please note that while these are Sublime Text 3 license keys, they are also valid for Sublime Text 2.

The previous blog post was made on January 29, 2013 2:47 pm. So, it's my understanding we can use ST2 and ST3 beta and ST3 when it comes out without any upgrade.
djczaski

Postby duduiki on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 pm

that sounds legit, but still. there are different references on the site and logic says, that's not the case. it would be awesome if we could get an official statement from sales or staff on this issue.
duduiki

Postby adzenith on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm

jps wrote:All license keys purchased since the previous blog post announcing Sublime Text 3 are already full Sublime Text 3 license keys, and no upgrade will be required for these purchases. Please note that while these are Sublime Text 3 license keys, they are also valid for Sublime Text 2.

This is the official statement.
adzenith

Postby duduiki on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:44 pm

ok, i sent an email to sales AND purchased. let's see if that works out ... ;) happy coding!
duduiki

Return to General Discussion