Sublime Forum

Bug: move to eol / bol are borked when wordwrap enabled!

1. Turn on View | word wrap
  2. Go to a long line that’s getting wrapped
  3. Hit Home/End keys or whatever you have bound to move_to eol and move_to bol.

Notice the cursor moves to whatever arbitrary point in the middle of the line that happened to get wrapped. Which is likely to be in the middle of a string or a middle of word, or someplace arbitrary and not useful. i.e. it’s forgetting where the real eol and bol is. Please fix this ; it’s useless with word-wrap turned on. Thanks!

using ST3 B3017 on Windows
have observed this in an html file and a Ruby file. I assume all file types have the problem.

0 Likes

I am going to keep raising this bug until it’s fixed or at least acknowledged.

I’m not aware of any other text editor that behaves in a such an odd manner when word wrap is turned on as SublimeText does. All of these that I have tested behave correctly and as expected (they dont forget where is the EOL and BOL when word wrap is turned on):

Emacs, TextMate, TextEdit

Also dismayed that a bug report disappears to page 4+ of support requests. For commercial paid software, this is poor support. Get an issue tracking system.

ST3 build 3020 on OS X

0 Likes

NOT a bug, if you don’t like the way it is, just change it:
http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4213&start=0&hilit=hardeol

{ "keys": "home"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "hardbol", "extend": false} }, { "keys": "end"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "hardeol", "extend": false} },

0 Likes

bizoo is correct, this is working as intended.

Pressing end will move the caret to the end of the virtual line (i.e., it moves horizontally as far to the right as possible), as virtually every other application does when word wrapping.

0 Likes

Awesome- thanks & I apologize for the snarky sounding post. I dont agree that this is how is most text editors work (at least in my experience). Will try the hardbol/hardeol right now. Cheers

0 Likes

Works like a charm. Again- I was so wrong, not a bug. I would mark the thread as [solved] but cannot retrieve password from the forums :astonished:

0 Likes