Sublime Forum

Many Tabs cause tab size shrink to unacceptable small

As shown in the uploaded screenshot.
When there are too many tabs, each tab’s close button and the modified indicator is hidden.

Could the tab size maintain it’s minimum as the file name length,
and if there are too many tabs,
mouse’s middle wheel can be used to scroll through the tab,
or may be just add a down arrow at the right most, clicking on it will show a full list of those tab (just like Eclipse below)

0 Likes

Related: sublimetext.com/forum/viewt … f=4&t=7816

0 Likes

I’ve been a long time user of EditPlus and Netbeans as my text editor & IDE respectively. I recently discovered Sublime Text which I absolutely love!

But my #1 issue by far is as the OP specifies here - I find the tabs in Sublime Text 2 to be currently unusable as soon as you have a number of files open - I’m kind of surprised it hasn’t been flagged sooner - or has it already? I generally have a lot of files open and am used to using Tabs for my file selection, and EditPlus and Netbeans (and Eclipse as mentioned above) and most text editors have a way to handle this. EditPlus allows multiple rows of tabs, and Netbeans has a similar model to Eclipse above, except it also has left/right arrows.

Netbeans Tabs (When you click the down arrow, it lists all open tabs):

I also noticed there’s a ‘change request’ logged at: sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 … down-menu/ (Kind of surprised it doesn’t have more votes)

0 Likes

+1 I have a few .css .js .html files that have the same name and when they are open, it is impossible to find out which tab is what unless you go through them. The Netbean model makes more sense to me.

0 Likes

+1 Vote on sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 … down-menu/

0 Likes

+1 on Camicia’s comments. I use 27inch monitors and with my daily log & settings files open, the tabs show only the first three (3) characters of the file name…very frustrating.

0 Likes