Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: ApplySyntax (was DetectSyntax) new maintainer

ST3: ApplySyntax (was DetectSyntax) new maintainer

Postby facelessuser on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:36 pm

I was waiting forever for someone to step up and take ownership of phillipkoebbe's great plugin DetectSyntax. I wasn't looking for another plugin to maintain because I have so many as is, but sadly, none of the many users wanted to actually take ownership. So seeing that it may fade away into oblivion (and I actually use this plugin), I decided to take it up. Per phillipkoebbe's request, I have renamed it to ApplySyntax which makes a bit more sense.

New Repo here:
https://github.com/facelessuser/ApplySyntax

ST3 Repo:
https://github.com/facelessuser/ApplySyntax/tree/ST3

I am adding the ST2 repo to PackageControl, and like most of my plugins right now, there is a separate repo for ST3.
facelessuser

Re: ST3: ApplySyntax (was DetectSyntax) new maintainer

Postby facelessuser on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:09 pm

I pushed a couple of fixes for ST3 version. Should be working better now if you were having issues.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 am

More windows fixes for ST3...now I need to look and see if some of these issues exist on the ST2 version...sigh.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 pm

A more sane approach to loading external plugins to determine a syntax has been added to the ST3 branch. This allows for cleaner plugins to ApplySyntax (though I am not really sure if people have written any besides the default is_rails_file.py).

Anyways, paths in the settings file must be Package relative. Example: "Packages/User/my_file" optionally if the plugin is within ApplySyntax you can just use the file name "my_file". All the other rules still apply with regards to function name vs file name etc. Again, I don't think many people are using this option, but I decided to clean it up on the ST3 branch.
facelessuser

Return to Plugin Announcements