Sublime Forum

ST3 3017 random crashes while typing

ST3 seems to be a bit buggy…
I am just editing a python file, and it might crash on random occasions, while I m just typing something. (the tabs aren’t saved by the way. If I remember correctly, in ST2 the tab state was remembered…?)

(win7 x64)

0 Likes

ST3 spell checker confused by punctuation

[quote=“sfranky”]ST3 seems to be a bit buggy…
I am just editing a python file, and it might crash on random occasions, while I m just typing something. (the tabs aren’t saved by the way. If I remember correctly, in ST2 the tab state was remembered…?)

(win7 x64)[/quote]

I encountered these situation too
BTW, vintage plugin works unstable, it crash me much anyway.

win7 x64 build3018

0 Likes

I’m seeing this same behaviour, except with ST3 build 3019. It’s crashing quite often (a handful of times in the last hour) when editing Python files. Usually it seems to be doing this when I’m pasting or inserting text, though I haven’t narrowed it down further yet. I’m running Windows 7 64-bit.

0 Likes

Note that this is the overall Sublime process crashing, not just the plugin_host process.

Does Sublime automatically send in crash reports? If not, is there something further I can do or enable to help track this down?

0 Likes

I haven’t been able to replicate any of the above issues. Do they still occur after doing a revert? sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

I just reverted as per that page. Then a while later I got a crash again – but this time I can repro it!

1. Save out a Python file named t.py with the following contents:

lst = ('foo', foo), ('bar', bar), ]

1. Put your cursor at the end of the “bar” line, after the last comma.

2. Press enter, then type left paren ‘(’.

3. Voila, ST3 will immediately crash!

0 Likes

Thanks for the repro. I believe this is the same issue as viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11533#p45445, which should be fixed shortly.

0 Likes

Fixed in Build 3021 – thanks!

0 Likes