Sublime Forum

Control-backtick does not work on Windows (UK Keyboard)

I’m using Sublime Text 2 and 3, and the same issue occurs in both. Control+backtick (defined as “Show Console”) does not register. From checking sublime.log_commands, it looks like this key is not being recognised at all. However, Control+single quote does work for “Show Console” - even though it is not defined as a key binding at all in the defaults.

This is with a UK keyboard (where backtick is on the top left key, just above tab, and single quote is on the key to the right of semicolon). I’ve tried a keyboard macro program, and it reports that backtick on my keyboard is virtual key 223.

Paul

0 Likes

Really no response to this? I’m not reporting it so much as a question, but as a bug. Is there a better place for straight bug reports? (The “support” page directs me here).

0 Likes

You can enter sublime.log_input(True) in the console to see what keys Sublime Text thinks are being sent to it

0 Likes

Yes, UK here too and ctrl+apostrophe (right of semicolon) does the trick here under windows, but backtick does not work.

On my linux laptops however it’s the backtick key. The confusion between the two OSes is quite annoying, but not nearly so annoying as not being able to rid myself of the menubar in distraction free mode under linux :wink:

0 Likes

None at all. It sees Ctrl+’ as Ctrl+and does not see any input from Ctrl+. Same on both ST2 and ST3. This is definitely a bug.
Paul.

0 Likes

I am also having this problem. But I am using a normal US style keyboard.

Despite the following being in the keybindings file,

{ "keys": "ctrl+`"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "console", "toggle": true} },
ctrl+'

Is what is working for me.

-Zach

Windows 7 Sublime Text build 2217

0 Likes

I can confirm that this is still an issue (using a UK keyboard, Sublime Text 3, Windows 8.1). The behaviour is exactly the same as described above: no input is logged for Ctrl+` but this combination is logged for Ctrl+'

0 Likes

Better late than never, but: On German keyboard, I had to change it to

{ “keys”: [“ctrl+]”], “command”: “show_panel”, “args”: {“panel”: “console”, “toggle”: true} },

now it works with ctrl+backtick (at least the key right next to the backspace, which kinda makes ticks)

0 Likes

Just for reference, the original bug reported in this thread was fixed in build 3138 in June 2017.

0 Likes