Sublime Forum

move_to_beg_of_contig_boundary - Move to Contiguous Boundary

I realized that I don’t like the default behavior of ctrl+left/ctrl+right - and wanted to try programming my own behavior. What I prefer is to use Ctrl to move between contiguous boundaries (boundaries are found from where whitespaces occur). After that, I use alt+left/alt+right to move by “subwords” to then find my location precisely within a contiguous boundary.

Here are the recommended key bindings. This will use Ctrl to move between contiguous boundaries to do the broad strokes and Alt to move between subwords to do the fine strokes:

[code]{ “keys”: “ctrl+left”], “command”: “move_to_beg_of_contig_boundary”, “args”: {“forward”: false} },
{ “keys”: “ctrl+right”], “command”: “move_to_beg_of_contig_boundary”, “args”: {“forward”: true} },
{ “keys”: “ctrl+shift+left”], “command”: “move_to_beg_of_contig_boundary”, “args”: {“forward”: false, “extend”: true} },
{ “keys”: “ctrl+shift+right”], “command”: “move_to_beg_of_contig_boundary”, “args”: {“forward”: true, “extend”: true} },

{ “keys”: “alt+left”], “command”: “move”, “args”: {“by”: “subwords”, “forward”: false} },
{ “keys”: “alt+right”], “command”: “move”, “args”: {“by”: “subword_ends”, “forward”: true} },
{ “keys”: “alt+shift+left”], “command”: “move”, “args”: {“by”: “subwords”, “forward”: false, “extend”: true} },
{ “keys”: “alt+shift+right”], “command”: “move”, “args”: {“by”: “subword_ends”, “forward”: true, “extend”: true} },[/code]

move_to_beg_of_contig_boundary.py:

[code]import sublime, sublime_plugin, string

class MoveToBegOfContigBoundaryCommand(sublime_plugin.TextCommand):
def run(self, edit, forward, extend=False):
view = self.view
oldSelRegions = list(view.sel())
view.sel().clear()
for thisregion in oldSelRegions:
if(forward): #forward
caretPos = thisregion.b
if(view.substr(caretPos) not in string.whitespace): #initially have char right of me, find whitespace
while ((view.substr(caretPos) not in string.whitespace) and (caretPos < view.size())):
caretPos += 1
while((view.substr(caretPos) in string.whitespace) and (caretPos < view.size())): #now have whitespace right of me, find char beginning
caretPos += 1
if(extend):
view.sel().add(sublime.Region(thisregion.a, caretPos))
view.show(caretPos)
else:
view.sel().add(sublime.Region(caretPos))
view.show(caretPos)
else: #backward
caretPos = thisregion.b - 1
if(view.substr(caretPos) in string.whitespace): #initially have whitespace left of me, find char
while ((view.substr(caretPos) in string.whitespace) and (caretPos >= 0)):
caretPos -= 1
while ((view.substr(caretPos) not in string.whitespace) and (caretPos >= 0)): #now have char left of me, find whitespace
caretPos -= 1
if(extend):
view.sel().add(sublime.Region(thisregion.a, caretPos+1))
view.show(caretPos+1)
else:
view.sel().add(sublime.Region(caretPos+1))
view.show(caretPos+1)[/code]

0 Likes

Character classes other than "word_separators"