Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

MultiBind - Simple multi-layered keybinding

MultiBind - Simple multi-layered keybinding

Postby KonTrax on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:58 am

It's only a prototype at the moment as I have never touched python before but will keep adding what I need.
Thought I'd post it as it could still be usable in some shape or form to someone at this stage and to see if there where any feature requests and ideas.

All it does is add a context barrier and a toggle command to control which barrier to disable.
No setup required (except plugin install). Just start assigning keybindings to any context barrier name and assign a toggle button.

Code: Select all
Toggle:
{"keys":["whatever"], "command":"multibind_toggle", "args":{ "layout": "BARRIERNAME" }}

Barrier:
... "context": [{"key":"multibind.BARRIERNAME"}] ...

Developed and tested on ST3

Install:
Only manual available at this moment

Examples:
There are usage examples on github

Update (30.04.2013):
another example added. Tired atm so see reply for now.
http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11625&p=47939#p47939

GitHub:
http://github.com/KonTrax/MultiBind
Last edited by KonTrax on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KonTrax

Re: MultiBind - Simple multi-layered keybinding

Postby quodlibet on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 pm

This is really neat. I was just fiddling with creating some modal keybindings last night and your plugin is a lot more elegant than what I'd cooked up.

I threw together some basic navigation keys loosely based on MiniGuru for a Colemak layout, in case anyone is interested: https://gist.github.com/alehandrof/5183332

I'm not quite happy with these. If anyone has any suggestions for home row navigation on a Colemak layout, I'm all ears.

Alex
quodlibet

Postby KonTrax on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Good to hear. Still in constant search for the perfect keyboard setup myself so I love new opportunities. Will give your setup a go tomorrow if I have the time for sure. Just call out if you come across anything that could make the plugin better.
KonTrax

Postby facelessuser on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:10 pm

I did the same thing before as well with a plugin called ShortcutPlus:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9931&start=0&hilit=shortcutplus

No one ever showed much interest, but the idea is the same. Shortcuts with profiles. Toggle different profiles.
facelessuser

Postby KonTrax on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Well now we know there are at least 3 people interested. I will give your code a look tomorrow. In the end maybe we can spark some interest.
KonTrax

Postby facelessuser on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Just updated mine. It had an unnecessary complicated step. Now it is really straight forward. It is good to see other people with the same idea. I will check out yours as well.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 pm

You should put it on Package Control. I like it. Does the same as mine, but honestly, I have too many plugins to support as is ; I would love to get behind another developers plugin.
facelessuser

Postby quodlibet on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:19 am

@facelessuser I had seen ShortcutPlus in your sublime settings (among other things [1]), but I hadn't tried to implement it. I've been meaning to look at it again, as I'm planning to fold all my OS settings into one config (and, if memory serves, I think that's what I had seen you were using it for).

[1] Do I recall a calendar!?

Alex
quodlibet

Postby facelessuser on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:41 am

If you try anything from the settings repo, stick to the ST3, the most up to date stuff is there since I am using ST3 currently. I play around with stuff all the time in there. I have a bunch of random stuff in there.

quodlibet wrote:[1] Do I recall a calendar!?

You mean this thing? :)
Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 7.09.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 7.09.18 PM.png (39.27 KiB) Viewed 2666 times

I was playing around seeing if I could write my own enum library, and then wrote a calendar plugin to test it out with. Turns out I liked the calendar plugin: I pull it up at work all the time. You can even use shortcuts to toggle through the months. I was going to write something where you could define holidays and such...but I have never gotten around to that yet.

If you think the calendar is useful, I may throw it up on a repo. I didn't know if people would care for it or not.
facelessuser

Postby quodlibet on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 pm

facelessuser wrote:If you think the calendar is useful, I may throw it up on a repo

At work I use a Win computer without admin rights, which locks me out of the taskbar's date & time. (Grrr.) So this is useful to me as it is. I don't want to ask you to maintain more packages :)

It there a way to use the calendar to input a date that I didn't figure out?

Incidentally, there's a community-supported holiday dataset in various formats (for Taskwarrior) here: http://holidata.net/locale_index.htm.

Alex
quodlibet

Next

Return to Plugin Announcements