Sublime Forum

Backspace does not work when file starts with comment header

Hi,
I found a bug in Sublime Text2. Shortly, create new file, write something in it. Then paste this at the beggining of file

[code]/**

• some text
  • sdsada ome text2
  • some tedsa sdad xt3
  • some text4
  • some text5

*******************************************************************************/[/code]

And now you are unable to delete characters in this file by pressing backspace. Only way is to select text and then press backspace.

If you can provide some workaround I will be grateful

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

It does not change anything. Problem still exists. Freshly installed sublime text has the same issue (for new linux user)

0 Likes

Are you sure you removed your data folder ? This look like a plugin problem.
Reinstalling ST is no enough.

0 Likes

Yes I’m sure. I moved .config/sublime-text-2 somewhere else. Even created new user and do a fresh installation.
I run FindKeyConflicts, but it looks fine. The problem disappears when I remove mentioned comment header (but I cant work this way, such header is mandatory for my job).

0 Likes

Work fine for me on Windows.
What’s the syntax of your new file, PlainText ?

0 Likes

I’ve checked plain text and c++.
I’m working on Linux Mint, maybe it causes the problem. I’m going to switch to Fedora today.

Everything works on Fedora 18 O.o

0 Likes

Hello everybody, i have the same problem with backspace and also with del key with plain text, C file, SQL file, at least !

I tried to rename sublime folder as mentioned but without effect.

My installation is a fresh installation without plugins installed by myself.

I’m on Ubuntu 12.10.

0 Likes

Linux Mint 14 XFCE 64 bit - no problems at all!

0 Likes

I’m running a Linux desktop with Ubuntu 10.04, it have the same bug, a laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 with the same bug, tested on windows 7, no problem and MacOs no problem.
Sublime backs to normal when you removes the comment.

0 Likes

Problem occurs on Xubuntu 12.04 32bit. Pretty frustrating bug.

0 Likes

Could you please describe the problems you’re having and how to reproduce them? Otherwise we cannot provide any help. :smile:

0 Likes

The problem has already been described but here it is outlined along with some sample code which produces the problem on my machine.

Problem
The backspace and delete key do not work on all occasions. There does seem to be a workaround whereby selecting the text and pressing backspace or delete will work.

Sample

#ifndef TEST_H
#define TEST_H

#include <boost/algorithm/string/split.hpp>
#include <boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp>
#include <boost/algorithm/string/erase.hpp>
#include <boost/algorithm/string/find.hpp>
#include <boost/algorithm/string/trim.hpp>
#include <boost/algorithm/string/predicate.hpp>

namespace Test
{
}

#endif //TEST_H

In this code snippet the problem seems a bit sporadic. Anything below line 7 the backspace won’t work but everything above it does seem to work. I’m beginning to think the problem has nothing to do with comments but perhaps it’s related to line endings or something else.

0 Likes

BUMP! how is this huge bug not solved yet?!

0 Likes