Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3018

Dev Build 3018 is out now, with a few fixes

0 Likes

Cooool

0 Likes

I’m missing a view.add_region() implementation.

My workaround

def add_region(view, region): regions = view.get_regions(KEY) regions.append(region) view.add_regions(KEY, regions, SCOPE, 'dot', DRAW_TYPE)
is really inefficient if there are > 100 regions.

0 Likes

Yeah, often wanted a RegionSet/Selection api, like view.sel(), for those badboys. Jon mentioned it was difficult to expose like that due to the implementation details (likely placing a hi priority on buttery smoothness )

Wonder if could at least create a nice wrapper class, using fictional sublime_api.view_add_region(key, region), sublime_api.view_subtract_region(key, region), sublime_api.view_regions_contains(key, region) etc to do most the work on the C++ side of things.

0 Likes

Having problems with that build on OS X 10.8.2.
After upgrading from 3017, sublime will crash on launch.
A “Sublime Text (3017).app” was left behind.

0 Likes

This might be useful…

[code]Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @loader_path/…/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Sparkle
Referenced from: /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text
Reason: image not found[/code]

0 Likes

[quote=“laurenty”]Having problems with that build on OS X 10.8.2.
After upgrading from 3017, sublime will crash on launch.
A “Sublime Text (3017).app” was left behind.[/quote]

Sometimes Sparkle (the updater) breaks the app. You can solve it by downloading a new copy of Sublime from the downloads page.

0 Likes

JPS,

Just wanted to say thank you for fixing the project switching window so that it has the project filename followed by the full path instead of the full path twice. That totally made my day!

Also, it appears that the python crash loop has gone away.

Thanks!!
Bryan

0 Likes

How can I try out version 3? Do I have to purchase it? If so, where can I do so?

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/3

0 Likes

I tried overriding the default html.sublime-snippet by adding a same named snippet in my user folder which causes Sublime to show two html tab triggers and neither work.

I also tried creating an HTML folder in the packages directory and adding the html.sublime-snippet file there which works, but causes other html tab triggers/autocompletes to stop working.

Build 3019 portable on Win8 64.

0 Likes

Build 3018 frequently causes beachballs for ages on my mac when the fans spin up and everything. It happens while I’m writing PHP code and I can’t see any pattern for what causes it to suddenly freeze.

When I go to Activity Monitor, it shows that Sublime Text is “not responding”.

0 Likes

You asked about feedback on the new minimap rectangle hiding in the thread about build 3014.
I think the new hiding behaviour makes the minimap even less useful than it already is.

The minimap rectangle is more useful than a scroll bar thumb because it shows exactly which part of the buffer
is visible on the screen at any time. It does look odd though, because it will always be at same vertical position
as the scroll bar thumb (for long files).
Hiding the rectangle resolves this visual oddness, but makes it harder to locate the current position in the minimap.

IMHO, it would be better to just use the minimap (with rectangle) as a scroll bar and disable the actual scroll bar entirely.

0 Likes

It is open to all licensed users of ST2.

0 Likes