Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] ST3/2: Sidebar not updating

Creating new file or folder, or renaming a file or folder through the sidebar in ST2 or ST3 will complete the file operation, but will not update the sidebar once completed. You have to manually refresh the sidebar to see the changes.

0 Likes

This is actually caused by an inotify regression in the 3.5.0-22 linux kernel.

0 Likes

Thanks a million for posting this. Was driving me crazy.
Problem solved with update to Linux kernel.

0 Likes

Having the same issue on OS/X - is there a similar fix?

0 Likes

No there isn’t. But because this was actually a bug in the experimental Linux kernel that I was using, you are experiencing a different issue.

0 Likes

Sorry for necroposting, and it probably looks really bad since this is my first post. But I also have had this issue with Sublime Text 2 (latest build) on OS X 10.8.3 for the past few months.

It’s almost making me roll back to NetBeans. I love Sublime, but if the tree doesn’t update, it really frustrates me. Is there any real solution or known bug?

Thank you.

0 Likes

I guess i’m necropositng to. Any progress on the mac issue that showed up in ?March 2013? was working just fine before. Sidebar not updating

0 Likes

Sorry to “reopen” the post (I’m new at this) I have a similar issue - I am running everything locally on my machine and when I use “touch” or “rm” for remove from the command line, the Sublime Text 2 sidebar navigation is not updating instantaneously like it has in the past. I am running ST2 Version 2.0.2, 2221 on a Mac OS X 10.9.2. The only way to get the sidebar to update is to click Project > Refresh Folders (for which there is no shortcut key), which is not efficient at all.

This is extremely frustrating and I feel like I’ve done endless amounts of google searching on the web for answers that are more recent and this thread has been my best shot at similar information and recency.

Any word on possible updates? I have tried a few that are out there, but nothing seems to be working. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled ST2, tried updating settings, etc.

0 Likes

Tech Support,

The sidebar is not updating when files are changed.

1. Add a file through the side bar context menu. Does not update.
  2. Delete a file throught the side bar. Does not update.
  3. Change files through Finder or Terminal. Does not update.
  4. Changing git branches. Does not update.

OSX 10.9.5
Sublime Text version 2.0.2, Build 2221

Restarted computer, restarted Sublime Text 2, disabled packages. Searched high and low for solutions.

0 Likes

I restarted OSX in safe mode, by holding the shift key down after the start-up chime. This repairs the files system and checks file permissions. After doing this Sublime text is updating the file browser when I add and delete files.

0 Likes