Sublime Forum

SublimeText 3: Where are the packages

Hi everybody,
I just installed SublimeText 3 and added my license. I need to find (out of curiosity) the packages directory. I searched online and found a couple answers, so I looked in the following directories:

• /Users/aziz/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/* : Nothing there, except in the Cache folder which contains .cache files
  • /Library/Application Support/ : No Sublime Text 3 folder there…
  • /Applications/Sublime Text.app/* : Nothing there…

So where are the packages?

0 Likes

Try going to “Preferences -> Browse Packages”. I don’t know the OS X path off the top of my head though so I can’t give you that. Hopefully that helps.

2 Likes

I asked the same thing to myself today, I’m on windows and the folder is empty, I Wanted to disable the packages by deleting the folders of the languages I don’t use. Also I have some personal hacks into core default/* folder, but is empty now.

0 Likes

This is a change in ST3. Packages are run directly from .sublime-package files rather than needing to be extracted. You should be able to override any particular file by creating that folder with a file named the same. For example, if you want to override “Default/Default (OSX).sublime-keymap”, you would simply create that file in the packages directory. I personally think this is acceptable, and sometimes better. This will prevent users from “accidentally” modifying some default package (or installed package). I wrote the the PackageResourceViewer plugin to help view/edit the “sublime-package” files.

1 Like

Yes, sorry, thank you skuroda! I just noticed there is a full document here: sublimetext.com/docs/3/

0 Likes

Lovely, lovely work!

Thanks so much for your great work skuroda.
Just stumbled across this post and your viewer is going to save me so much time and fiddling.
Thanks again.

0 Likes

Created an account just to thank you, Skuroda! So useful.

0 Likes

Could you explain the process of updating a file in a package?
For instance, how could one edit the math_config.js which is in /js folder in MarkDown Preview package?
Assume I don’t have your amazing package PackageResourceViewer (Really amazing!).

0 Likes

You would create the same path structure in the Packages directory. This is really all the plugin does. It just auto opens from the zip file, and knows when where to save the file if changes are made.

0 Likes

Great work there skuroda. your plugin was really really helpful.
i spent a whole day trying to figure out how to get my code inside of the paperscript tag to also have javascript highlighting. it was all white.
the solutions i came accross mostly said i had to access the HTML.sublime-package directory, unzip it, add paperscript to a line of code then zip it back up. i couldn’t access the HTML package directory with several programs i tried, until i found your package.
i installed it through the package control, accessed the HTML.sublime-syntax file with the command packageResourceViewer: Open Resourse
then added text/papersript to the code;

javascript_mime_type: |-
    (?ix)(?:
      # https://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/#javascript-mime-type
      (?:application|text)/(?:x-)?(?:java|ecma)script
      | text/javascript1\.[0-5]
      | text/jscript
      | text/livescript
      | text/paperscript

i saved it. i got my paperscript colored. ST3 windows

0 Likes

In Macos, the packages are here for build 4169