Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeText 3: Where are the packages

SublimeText 3: Where are the packages

Postby AzizLight on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi everybody,
I just installed SublimeText 3 and added my license. I need to find (out of curiosity) the packages directory. I searched online and found a couple answers, so I looked in the following directories:

- /Users/aziz/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/* : Nothing there, except in the Cache folder which contains .cache files
- /Library/Application Support/ : No Sublime Text 3 folder there...
- /Applications/Sublime Text.app/* : Nothing there...

So where are the packages?
AzizLight

Re: SublimeText 3: Where are the packages

Postby skuroda on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Try going to "Preferences -> Browse Packages". I don't know the OS X path off the top of my head though so I can't give you that. Hopefully that helps.
skuroda

Postby tito on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

I asked the same thing to myself today, I'm on windows and the folder is empty, I Wanted to disable the packages by deleting the folders of the languages I don't use. Also I have some personal hacks into core default/* folder, but is empty now.
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby skuroda on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:29 am

tito wrote:I asked the same thing to myself today, I'm on windows and the folder is empty, I Wanted to disable the packages by deleting the folders of the languages I don't use. Also I have some personal hacks into core default/* folder, but is empty now.

This is a change in ST3. Packages are run directly from .sublime-package files rather than needing to be extracted. You should be able to override any particular file by creating that folder with a file named the same. For example, if you want to override "Default/Default (OSX).sublime-keymap", you would simply create that file in the packages directory. I personally think this is acceptable, and sometimes better. This will prevent users from "accidentally" modifying some default package (or installed package). I wrote the the PackageResourceViewer plugin to help view/edit the "sublime-package" files.
skuroda

Postby tito on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am

Yes, sorry, thank you skuroda! I just noticed there is a full document here: http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby duncan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm

skuroda wrote:I wrote the the PackageResourceViewer plugin to help view/edit the "sublime-package" files.

Lovely, lovely work!

Thanks so much for your great work skuroda.
Just stumbled across this post and your viewer is going to save me so much time and fiddling.
Thanks again.
duncan

Return to Technical Support