Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3022

Rename file from the panel doesn’t work.

0 Likes

the error 5 is Access Denied. Maybe the file has the readonly attribute on?

0 Likes

For me it does work. Do you validate your input with the Enter key ?

0 Likes

[quote=“Clams”]For example i have a file name eth_tx_ctrl.sv in a directory eth_tx_ctrl\rtl
With version 3014 if I type “ehxctl” the file will be on top with a score of 213 (which kind of makes sense to me since it matches the directory and the filename)
Now with version 3020 and 3022, doing the exact same thing, the top file is ac_ctrl from directory eth_tx_ctrl\0in with a score of 118, , there is a lot of different file with an l highlighted in the filename, and finally, after like ten different random file, the one i’m looking for with a score of 102.

I hope this helps you find the issue.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. This is a Windows specific regression, and will be fixed for the next build.

0 Likes

Great :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

[quote=“Clams”]For example i have a file name eth_tx_ctrl.sv in a directory eth_tx_ctrl\rtl
With version 3014 if I type “ehxctl” the file will be on top with a score of 213 (which kind of makes sense to me since it matches the directory and the filename)
Now with version 3020 and 3022, doing the exact same thing, the top file is ac_ctrl from directory eth_tx_ctrl\0in with a score of 118, , there is a lot of different file with an l highlighted in the filename, and finally, after like ten different random file, the one i’m looking for with a score of 102.

I hope this helps you find the issue.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. This is a Windows specific regression, and will be fixed for the next build.[/quote]

I was about to report what might be the same issue. I’ve just started using ST3 few days ago and noticed that it seem to prefer matches in the directory path (or something) which doesn’t really work for me.

0 Likes

Now, show_quick_panel expects all the rows with same number of items, that was not true on ST2.

def show_quick_panel(self, items, on_select, flags = 0, selected_index = -1, on_highlight = None): ...] items_per_row = 1 flat_items = items if len(items) > 0 and isinstance(items[0], list): -----> BUG items_per_row = len(items[0])

0 Likes

auto_complete_triggers is not working with HTML.

Steps to reproduce:

1. New File
  2. Set Syntax: HTML
  3. Type “<”

What happens: Nothing.
Expected: Auto-complete pops up.

Same issue with the setting: "auto_complete_triggers": {"selector": "", "characters": "<"} ] This one triggers the pop-up in Java, Python and Plain Text, so this issue seems to occur only in HTML.

0 Likes

[quote=“schlamar”]auto_complete_triggers is not working with HTML.

Steps to reproduce:

1. New File
  2. Set Syntax: HTML
  3. Type “<”

What happens: Nothing.
Expected: Auto-complete pops up.

Same issue with the setting: "auto_complete_triggers": {"selector": "", "characters": "<"} ] This one triggers the pop-up in Java, Python and Plain Text, so this issue seems to occur only in HTML.[/quote]

It’s because there are no completions. Keep in mind just typing “<” your auto complete (prefix) text is empty. The autocomplete suggestions you are seeing in other languages might predefined snippets/completions. There was a change in html_completions.py (which generated the html snippets/completions), so it isn’t populating like it did in ST2. You may want to keep an eye on this thread. Are API-injected completions working in ST3?

0 Likes

Well, auto_complete_triggers is still broken for HTML. With the following settings the pop-up doesn’t show up, neither after “<” nor if you insert a char after the tag begin.

"auto_complete_selector": "source", "auto_complete_triggers": {"selector": "text.html", "characters": "<"}],

0 Likes

For some reason, find/replace over several files does not work with the latest builds (3013, 3017, 3012, 3022) on Windows 32bit. When searching for a phrase, the find shows the occurrences in all files correctly, but clicking on replace (and confirming the following dialog) does not do anything. No files are opened, no replacements are done.

Can anyone reproduce this?

0 Likes

Yes same issue, on windows XP.

0 Likes

John, any chance you could look into this?

0 Likes

The same thing happens in 3026 as well.

0 Likes

The same problem
prntscr.com/1t7a1x

0 Likes

At least it doesn’t crash for you.

0 Likes

It appears that the SublimeLinter plugin still does not work with this version.

reloading plugin SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3.SublimeLinter Traceback (most recent call last): File "F:\Portable Apps\ST3Dev\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1525, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 586, in _check_name_wrapper File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1023, in load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1004, in load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 562, in module_for_loader_wrapper File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 869, in _load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 313, in _call_with_frames_removed File "F:\Portable Apps\ST3Dev\Data\Packages\SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3\SublimeLinter.py", line 23, in <module> MOD_LOAD = Loader(PLUGIN_PATH, LINTERS) # utility to load (and reload File "F:\Portable Apps\ST3Dev\Data\Packages\SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3\sublimelinter\loader.py", line 28, in __init__ self.load_all() File "F:\Portable Apps\ST3Dev\Data\Packages\SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3\sublimelinter\loader.py", line 57, in load_all self.load_module(name) File "F:\Portable Apps\ST3Dev\Data\Packages\SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3\sublimelinter\loader.py", line 67, in load_module __import__(fullmod) ImportError: No module named 'SublimeLinter'

0 Likes

I’d have to check the source, but I guess that you have to rename the package folder from “SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3” to “SublimeLinter” because the package name is hard coded.

0 Likes

Searching 95 files for "SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3" 0 matches across 0 files
I will continue experimenting. :smile:

EDIT: I found. When I got the zip file from github, the folder was named “SublimeLinter-sublime-text-3”. I renamed it to sublimeLinter and it now works. However, xmllint still refuses to work:

reloading plugin xmllint.xmllint
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\Portable Apps\Sublime Text 3_old\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin
    m = importlib.import_module(modulename)
  File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1525, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "F:\Portable Apps\Sublime Text 3_old\sublime_plugin.py", line 671, in load_module
    exec(compile(source, source_path, 'exec'), mod.__dict__)
  File "xmllint in F:\Portable Apps\Sublime Text 3_old\Data\Installed Packages\xmllint.sublime-package", line 187
    print 'Wrong view for %s, skipping marks' % error[0]
                                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
0 Likes

[quote=“Voaxeyr”]However, xmllint still refuses to work:

reloading plugin xmllint.xmllint Traceback (most recent call last): File "F:\Portable Apps\Sublime Text 3_old\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1525, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "F:\Portable Apps\Sublime Text 3_old\sublime_plugin.py", line 671, in load_module exec(compile(source, source_path, 'exec'), mod.__dict__) File "xmllint in F:\Portable Apps\Sublime Text 3_old\Data\Installed Packages\xmllint.sublime-package", line 187 print 'Wrong view for %s, skipping marks' % error[0] ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax [/quote]

xmllint uses Python code that is not compatible with Python 3, and thus also not compatible with ST3. You have to search for an update or, if there is none, update it yourself (but judging by your problem you probably don’t know how to do this). Otherwise it won’t work.

0 Likes