Sublime Forum

Titlebar show "Sublime Text - filename" instead of other way

Currently the Titlebar shows “fullpathfilename - Sublime Text”. The request is to have the Titlebar show “Sublime Text - fullpathfilename”. Or include an option to be able to choose the order in which they show.

This is because I want “Sublime Text” to show in the task bar (I use Windows XP). Currently all I ever see in the Task bar is something like: “C:\Documents and Sett…”" which is very confusing and makes me think it is an Explorer window. I would like for my Taskbar entry to show “Sublime Text - C:\Doc…”.

I know about the option “show_full_path” and that is unrelated to this request. I still want the full path to be shown - but I want the “Sublime Text” to come before it.

0 Likes

Doesn’t it have a different icon?

0 Likes

Yes - it has a different icon but I look at the text not the icon. This is a very minor ask, but hey “nothing’s too small” in the pursuit of perfection? =)
It would be nice if the Titlebar could be custom specified via some sort of option where you could write variables like - “SublimeText - [filepath]” or “[Project Name] - [file]” or “[Project Name]”

0 Likes

I keep multiple projects open, each in their own window, and they all just look like “C:\htdocs…” as they are all truncated before anything to differentiate them appears. I agree that showing the Project Name before the filename would be most helpful.

Thank you!

0 Likes