Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Options to close or edit project grayed out

Options to close or edit project grayed out

Postby bitmojo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm new to Sublime and love it--except for the fact that I have yet to figure out how to create new projects. Not sure why you make that so difficult, but anyway...I'm trying to close my current project so I can create a new one but when I open the Project menu, both "Close Project" and "Edit Project" are grayed out. How can I create a new project? I really can't believe there's no option for this....
bitmojo

Re: Options to close or edit project grayed out

Postby facelessuser on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm

When you open a new window, a new "project environment" is created in memory for that window automatically, but it isn't officially a project until you save that project file to disk via "save project as". So there is no project to edit or close until you save as a project. So if you need to close your current project (that isn't saved to disk) simply close your window. Want to create a new project? Open a new window, drag and drop the folders you want in it, and use "save project as" to disk. As soon as a project file exists on disk, you can then use edit and close.
facelessuser

Postby bitmojo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 pm

O.K. now this is getting even more confusing. I do have two files on disk for my project pindelible, once called "pindelible.sublime-project" and the other called "pindelible.sublime-workspace" and when I go to Project > Recent Projects it shows "pindelible.sublime-project" however when I open that I get a new empty window, somehow I don't seem to be working in that project.

Now, somehow I lost the window I was working in but I can open that empty window by picking "pindelible.sublime-project" from Recent Projects. I re-added the folder I was working in, but there was no way to save the project! I had to choose "save project as" then pick the "pindelible.sublime-project" file I had opened and tell it to overwrite the existing file. How do I save a project?
bitmojo

Postby pod on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm having same issues. Are you using Sublime text 3? Could be a bug.

Return to Technical Support