Sublime Forum

SideBar Enhanc.. (Clipboard, Open With., Reload renamed)

Thanks. The issue I had was that I was adding the URLā€™s to the Project File, rather than the project edit url preview file

Be great if you can add a command to [shift+ctrl+p]: edit project urls rather than right clicking a file (for next version), or perhaps consolidate this data into the ā€˜Project: Editā€™ file (where project folders are specified) if thatā€™s at all possible. Either way, working now. Cheers.

0 Likes

Looking forward to this plugin being ported to ST3. Thatā€™s one of the three addons (along with Package Control and Githubinator) I cannot live without.

0 Likes

For some reason, recently I cannot at all get the plugin to open the file via the browser - at all.

Not matter what binding I set the plugin to launch the browser, it never does anything. For instance, I press the default F12 key: nothing at all happens; no feedback, no action, ST2 just sits there. If i set the hotkey as ctrl+o (by default opens a file before changing), once again nothing will happen, no feedback at all from the program.

Any idea what may be causing this. Itā€™s as if no commands are sent to SBE.

I have tried reinstalling the plugin, trying various different hotkey combinations to trigger it, have tried setting different browser types to be the one that launches (chrome, chromium, firefox etc).

Iā€™ve also noticed that the formatting of the config files are slightly different. For instance the settings file of SBE use to have commenting and list the browser to use at the bottom of the document, but now its somewhat inversed and condensed, with less comments and whitespace. I noticed there was an update for SBE applied, and it said to add some data to the Users file, which I did, and I also tried adding the open_in_browser argument there as well (as far as i knew this file was to over-right any conflicts; something around these lines was briefly explained in the SBE update file). This also failed to yield any results.

So, to sum it up; I try to open the file in the browser (by default f12 or alt+f12), however neither of these hotkeys, nor any i specify result in any action at all. There is 0 feedback or result when I press any hotkey associated with opening the file in browser.

Iā€™ll also add that Open in Browser and Open in New Window donā€™t seem to work either (from the right-click menu).

**Redownloaded ST2 (portable this time) and installed it; seems to be working now. I have no idea what was stopping the part of the plugin function correctly.

0 Likes

Read this github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE ā€¦ ts#f12-key
And if everything is correct, and still not working, come back and paste your config file.

0 Likes

This package works in ST3 github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE ā€¦ ourownrisk
An effort by **lettertwo ** thank you very much! :smile:

0 Likes

The open with can even be added to commands for ultimate CTRL+SHIFT+P sweetness:

{ "caption": "evince", "id": "side-bar-files-open-with-evince", "command": "side_bar_files_open_with", "args": { "paths": ], "application": "/usr/bin/evince", "extensions": ".*" } },

Now I just need to find out how to launch that command any time I open a pdf/eps etc. file in Sublime. :smiling_imp:

0 Likes

Please note this package has been moved to another branch github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE ā€¦ s/tree/st3 There is several bug fixes and improvements:

[quote] BUGS FIXED

* remove some obsolete code
			* refactor some functions
			* solve encoding mess
			* Fix for when packages_path is a link
			* fix open with..
			* copy url commmand
			* exclude from project
			* promote as project folder
			* no value on browser will use default browser
			* statubar functions fixes
			* fix open/run command windows
			* hide default menus

IMPROVEMENTS

* for each window, locate the focused tab in sidebar at startup
			* Lazy load sendtotrash, desktop.
			* 2nd fix #92
			* improves open in new window commmand

TODO

* Use a real clipboard integrated with the OS
			* add canary browser preview
			* reveal does not work with "," in path names
			* fix instant search (begin edit, end edit mess)..
			* copy image cant' copy image sizes
			* copy and paste in background[/quote]
0 Likes

Any idea why pretty much all of my options are grayed out on my Mac? Iā€™m running ST3 3031, Sidebar Enhancements installed from package control and just updated before writing this, on Mountain Lion. Screenshot: d.pr/i/gx9j

0 Likes

remove and install this version github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE ā€¦ s/tree/st3

0 Likes

How do you do that? When I remove it and reinstall from the Package manager it keep reinstalling the old version.
I tried replacing the file in the .sublime-package but it just broke the plugin.

can you install a plugin direct from a .git link?

thx!

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œdevilwarriorsā€]

can you install a plugin direct from a .git link?

thx![/quote]

Just download the .zip from the Github page, extract it and put the ā€œSideBarEnhancements-st3ā€ folder in your packages folder. The only downside is that you can not remove/upgrade the package via Package Control.

Mario

0 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am using ST3. It is cool editor :smile:

Today, I installed SideBarEnhancements with branch st3 in github project. But I canā€™t do anything, it allway got fail.
When I right click to a file to get SideBarEnhancements panel, but it allway return fail alert (image attach)

After click OK to hide the alert.
I right click again. It show the panel, but it didā€™t show full SideBarEnhancements panel and it didā€™t work too.

I am using windows 8, ST 3 build 3033.
How can I solve the bug?
Thanks!

Update!
I solved it :smiley:
1/ Uninstall SideBarEnhancements via package control
2/ Delete all SideBarEnhancements setting in Packages\User
3/ Reinstall
4/ Work like a charm!!!

0 Likes

Thanks! Same problem here. Your solution fixed it.

0 Likes

Hi

I have the same problem as MinhMan with the errors and can only make it work by reinstalling again like mentioned.
I found the problem is when i try ā€˜open withā€™ then Edit Applications.

After this the sidebarenhancelents crashes with the errors as MinhMan showed and I need to reinstall to get it working again.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I have sublime text 3 installed on windows 7 64bit.

0 Likes

Hi there!

I wish to raise money for an unrelated project, then, I added a menuitem to the sidebar asking for support! Hope this does not disturb you nor break our love!

Iā€™ll remove the menuitem once the amount is raised, or in the worst case in a months time from now!.. hope the first one! :slight_smile:

Not that this software saves livesā€¦ but has been handy! Consider supporting my unrelated project by following the linkā€¦ or by sending any amount of $ to paypal account: extensiondevelopment@gmail.com

Much appreciated, Sorry for any inconvenience, Thanks!! <3

0 Likes

All the sidebar Enhancement function donā€™t work for images. When I open a png file, I canā€™t use delete file, copy file path etcā€¦

0 Likes

True, ST does not report the file name of the active view containing an image!

sublime.active_window().active_view().file_name()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œā€, line 1, in
AttributeError: ā€˜NoneTypeā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜file_nameā€™

0 Likes

The installation is not working for me as it should. I am fairly new to Sublime but I know enough to share with you that I am running ST2 and have the Package Control installed.

Am I supposed to copy the contents of the ZIP file to the packages directory? But that sounds like a manual install which we are advised against.

If I click Preferences > Package Control > Install Package, I donā€™t find SideBarEnhancements in the menu.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes

As I recall, @tito no longer supports ST2, but only supports ST3. So, in short, upgrade to ST3 and then install via package control.

0 Likes

That worked. Thanks.

0 Likes