Sublime Forum

Replace bar missing/not visible

When finding or replacing text there is normally a bar at the bottom of sublime where you type in your text.

However, recently this bar no longer shows up when I select “Replace” (either using dropdown menu, or the keyboard shortcut). Pressing “find” does work .

When I select replace, the grey status bar disappears in the text/coding area (making the text/coding area slightly bigger), but no bar comes up for me to type the find/replace text!

If I type some words to find and press enter, the find works (so obviously something is happening), but I can’t see what I’m typing, nor am able to actually replace text!

0 Likes

Hey, I’m still experiencing this problem.

Haven’t heard from anyone yet.

Not being able to use search & replace is pretty fundamental!

0 Likes

Looks like your replace bar got negative height somehow? Just guessing.
Check out ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 2/Settings/Auto\ Save\ Session.sublime_session - try changing “settings”>“new_window_settings”>“replace”>“height” to a reasonable number.

0 Likes

That file you linked to doesn’t exist.
There is no *.sublime_session anywhere on my mac.

I did notice that the attribute “replace” had a height of “-48.0” (yes negative 48 pixels) in mysublime-workspce file, but everytime I fix it to a positive number, the problem still exists and sublime writes “-48” again to that attribute.

Please help!

0 Likes

What do you mean that file doesn’t exist? It must exist if you’re running ST2. Are you looking in the right place?
And are you closing ST before changing the number?

0 Likes