Sublime Forum

Project Settings Question

Is it possible to have projects remember open files with out having to use the “Close Project” menu item?

0 Likes

need this feature

0 Likes

It would be nice. I just always try to remember to hit the “Close Project” button.

0 Likes

oh sorry.

when i hit “close project”, st2 can remember open files.

however if i quit st2 use ‘CMD+q’(OS X), st2 can not remember open files for project.

i want to know if i can set “remember_open_files” for project

0 Likes

Just make a macro or plugin that closes the project and quits the app. Then bind that to command-q

Problem solved

0 Likes

I have hot_exit and remember_open_files set to true (the defaults) and I don’t have any problems with open files not being remembered. If I close the window the project is in (ie, using the close button, not the Close Project menu item), close ST2, launch ST2, and reopen the project, all the files I had open when I closed the window are still open. If I leave the project window open when I close ST2, it will be open again (with all the files still open) the next time I launch ST2.

I’ve never used the Close Project menu item.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you?

0 Likes

I second philip’s comment, I never have this issue too, nor do I ever use the ‘Close Project’ command.

0 Likes

I have hot_exit and remember_open_files both set to false. I do however have those setting set to true in my project file per-project. It seems like the setting in the project file should override the normal preference file. In my use case if I open random files I don’t want them to re-open the next time I launch ST2. If its a project I do want them remembered. I think this is a bug in the priority of the file settings but its just a guess.

0 Likes

[quote=“phillip.koebbe”]I have hot_exit and remember_open_files set to true (the defaults) and I don’t have any problems with open files not being remembered. If I close the window the project is in (ie, using the close button, not the Close Project menu item), close ST2, launch ST2, and reopen the project, all the files I had open when I closed the window are still open. If I leave the project window open when I close ST2, it will be open again (with all the files still open) the next time I launch ST2.

I’ve never used the Close Project menu item.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you?[/quote]

as @BestGreek said: "I have hot_exit and remember_open_files both set to false. ", so …

[quote=“C0D312”]Just make a macro or plugin that closes the project and quits the app. Then bind that to command-q

Problem solved[/quote]

This seems to be a good idea currently, I will try to implement it.

0 Likes

Oh, I see that our usage patterns are different in at least two ways:

1. I don’t have any per project settings. In fact, I didn’t even know you could do that. Heh.
  2. When I open random files, I try to open a new window first as I don’t like to have my project polluted with files that are unrelated.

So many users. So many ways.

0 Likes

How about keeping your project folder state, so you have the same directories open on entry, as you did on exit?

-chuckr

0 Likes

[quote=“chuckr”]How about keeping your project folder state, so you have the same directories open on entry, as you did on exit?

-chuckr[/quote]

I agree, I wish projects would more completely maintain their state. It it would be nice if the director tree maintained what folders it had expanded/collapsed.

0 Likes

I’d like to bump this post, because I’ve also looked for a solution. No luck though.

I’ve set both hot_exit / remember_open_files to false, besides liking it that way, I also have the idea st2 is booting a bit faster.
But I do want the last state of my project files when I open a project. Setting these (project based) options doesn’t seem to work. “Close project” does work, but is not the best solution.

Any news on updates or workarounds?

0 Likes

I hate to bump it again but it has been a while. Has anyone found a solution to this? Thanks!

0 Likes

In the latest Sublime Text 3 beta these project specific settings still seems to fail to override my user settings where I’ve set “hot_exit” and “remember_open_files” to false. I added the following in my sublime-project file but when I close and then reopen the project I start with blank project without last open files.

"settings": { "hot_exit": true, "remember_open_files": true }

0 Likes

Honestly i can’t understand why if working on a open project (not the default nameless one) and exit the application the opened and unsaved files are wiped out, it sound much more like a bug than a feature, the purpose of a project file and its associated workspace file is to preserve your work while moving around between different project so why is should not do it if you exit the application ?

0 Likes

ST3 (atleast in OS X) does preserve the unsaved files and opened files on application exit, by default, and will open them back up when you start ST3.

0 Likes