Sublime Forum

Pin parent to top of viewport

Is there a plugin or perhaps some sublime setting that I don’t know about that pins the parent element/method definition/whatever to the top of the viewport? It would be really helpful to give context for where you are in the middle of long methods or html blocks.

Let’s say in the example below my cursor is on “this is the last of it” and my viewport isn’t that large vertically, so

is off the screen. Is there some way to pin that to the top? Ideally this would be dynamic so whatever the parent is of what I’m viewing is always pinned to the top.
<div>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>some text</p>
  <p>this is the last of it</p>
</div>
0 Likes

Anyone feel me on this? Hoping there’s some plugin out there that I haven’t come across yet…

0 Likes

I’m guessing there are other people that may like this, but I don’t know. You can’t pin anything (well we don’t have tool tips/pop up text/whatever you want to call it) in general. The closest you could get is printing the parent element in the status bar. I thought I had a seen a plugin like that somewhere, but I can’t recall what it was called (or perhaps I just imagined it. Maybe someone else will know.

0 Likes