Sublime Forum

Very slow to respond to typing

Hi,

In the last day or so, ST2 has become very slow to respond to typing. This is happening on local and remote projects - I have the SFTP plugin installed (along with many others!).

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? I know I can wipe clean and start again (may be the only option I know) but I was hoping there could be a better way! I’m on Windows 7.

I’ve also set “detect_slow_plugins”: false in Preferences.sublime-settings – User

Many thanks

0 Likes

Start disabling community packages until you find the cause. I suggest to restart after each /disabling/.
Better to start with the packages installed recently… If you find the package, notify the developer, with a bug report, message, or even in this thread, then they/we can fix it.

0 Likes

@tito: Am I correct saying that Package Control has no logging feature? Had a quick look and saw no update log file. Logging dates of auto-updates would make things a lot easier in many cases. Specially in those classic “it just suddenly started yesterday” situations.

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry for late reply - many thanks for getting back. The problem was the SublimeLinter package. I’ve removed this and everything is fine now.

Many thanks,

Daisy

0 Likes