Sublime Forum

Tab opens in a new window sometimes (Windows 7 64bits)

Hi,

On ST2 (Windows 7 64) i have multiples tabs opened (single window of project) , and sometimes when i focus a tab (click) this tab opens on separate window.
Do you have any idea ?

thanks

0 Likes

nobody knows?

0 Likes

Click and drag will produce this behaviour.

Could you be dragging the tag while you are clicking on it?
That could be you moving your hand or your mouse being a bit flaky and reporting a drag that you didn’t do?

Just to cross suspects off the list:
1 - try being ultra careful in your clicking and see if you can reproduce the behaviour when your are 100% certain you did not do a click and drag with your hand
2 - Try a known reliable mouse (or, better, another input device - trackpad, tablet, whatever)

If you can prove it is not some real instance of click and drag or an artefact of a glitchy input device then you are getting closer to someone being able to identify that the problem does lie with ST.
I have never experienced the behaviour you are reporting and it seems others are not flocking to report they are having the same issue on Win7 so it is possible (although very far from certain) that it might be something you or your hardware is doing.

0 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue.

I have ST2 and windows 7 64 bit.

I purchased a new mouse because I thought my old mouse was the culprit, but clearly it wasn’t.

I am certain I am not accidentally nudging the mouse when I click the tab I wish to view, thus making ST2 open it in a new window.

I can’t replicate the problem when I try. If I click the tab and consciously nudge the mouse just a new pixels in any direction then it doesn’t open a new window.

0 Likes

This is happening to me also. It happens in both ST2 and ST3. I’ve noticed it only happens when I click on a tab in ST when another window has focus… Don’t know if that would help. I’ve talked to others that have had the same thing happen. It’s really quite annoying. Help!

0 Likes

More info…

I can’t get it to happen unless I have a file open where the file shows up in the sidebar. If I just open a bunch of new unsaved files, I can’t get it to happen. I can get it to happen pretty easily otherwise. It’s weird. It seems like its a problem with a bit of lag when the system tries to select the file in the sidebar. If I have a bunch of files open where some of them are in the project and others are new unsaved files, only clicking on the ones in the project will produce the issue.

0 Likes

Herein lies the answer… viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10289&start=10#p59021

0 Likes