Sublime Forum

st3_prompt_open_path

This plugin is for sublime text 3 and allows you to open files via the input panel instead of the os file dialogue. Besides opening a file you type, it also allows for:

tab for completion
opening folders (adds them to sidebar)

It is currently hosted on github:
github.com/chrisguilbeau/st3-prompt-open-path

I’ll add it to the package manager once st3 moves out of beta.

Chris

0 Likes

Looks good. An additional check you may want to do before adding a folder to the project is it’s parent isn’t already a part of the project. Why would this happen? I don’t know, but it could, so you may want to add that. Unless that’s the intended behavior in which case, ignore this. :smile: Oh and don’t forget to remove that print statement in CompletePath.run().

0 Likes

Thanks, good tips.

0 Likes

[quote=“chrisguilbeau”]
This plugin is for sublime text 3 and allows you to open files via the input panel instead of the os file dialogue.
Chris[/quote]

This is a great plugin and idea. I usually open files from a command line because I find that faster than a GUI, especially through directories on Samba shares (can be slow). It puts OS X’s Finder “go” behavior (with / in an open prompt) closer to me.

Of course there are suggestions:

• Be case-insensitive. I can see an argument either way.

• If I open a directory when no project’s open, act like the command line “subl .” acts (add all files in the directory to the side thing). (I never have quite got the hang of ST’s project concept.)

• And I’ve opened a couple small issues at your git – just some complaints I’ve seen in ST’s console.

0 Likes