Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3 EditPreferences

Re: ST3 EditPreferences

Postby sublimator on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 am

facelessuser wrote:Yeah, I've been moving a bit slow recently

Tell me about it :) Struggling to find energy these days.

I hit 30 a year back, put on 20kg and nothing has been the same since.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Was using ST3 today so made a few more tweaks on this

I just pushed an update to this

`Reweighted columns to make it more likely that useful information is at the front`

That seems more more sensible given the fuzzy matching changes in ST3
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Restored yee old extract snippet command

The split_extents `sticky` auto selection stuff is part of NaturalSelection

Will get around to some docs `one of these days` ( still `moving house` to ST3 )
sublimator

Postby unphased on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 am

Hi, this looks like some super-powerful black magic you've got going on here, but the language used to describe this seems to be on a higher level than I am used to.

For instance what is a "binding repr"? What does repr stand for?

Could you put in more english/layman-terms what this plugin *does*? I'd love to know.
unphased

Postby sublimator on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:34 am

By `repr` I mean representation. In the sublime-keymap files, you will find json structures, where a given key short cut is described using a `keys` entry.

In the following binding ` {"keys": ["ctrl+alt+shift+t"], "command" : "insert_date"} ` the `keys` value is a list containing a `repr` of one key combination. (The reason for a list? It may be a an emacs style binding `ctrl+x, ctrl+s`)

The EditPreferences package has commands for listing all the bindings, aggregated from all sublime-keymap files in a quick panel. Upon selection of an item, you are taken to the location in the corresponding file so you can edit it.

When this panel is shown, a special key is bound so that it escapes the subsequent keypress, such that in lieu of running the normal binding, it will insert a `repr` (representation) of the keys pressed into the quick panel. This saves you the tedium of typing in `c` `t` `r` `l` `+` ... ( I can't even be bothered finishing ... )

The QuickPanel normalises all the keys shown such that `shift+ctrl+d` will show in the panel as `ctrl+shift+d`
sublimator

Postby unphased on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm

This is pretty damn meta, and that's awesome.

Not sure I need that much awesome yet. But I'll be checking this stuff out soon, I can feel it.
unphased

Postby sublimator on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 am

Haha, fair enough.
sublimator

Postby FichteFoll on Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 am

You're talking about a "port", does an older ST2 variant exist? Because this looks awesome.
FichteFoll

Postby sublimator on Mon May 06, 2013 2:07 am

ST2 ? lol, do people still use that old hunk of junk?
sublimator

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements