Sublime Forum

Thank You for Making Sublimetext for Linux

Just want to say “thank you” for making the investment to make Sublimetext available (and well-implemented) on the Linux platform. I realize you took a risk on it being profitable because of its smaller user base, and I (we Linux users) very much appreciate. You could have taken the easy route, and instead you chose to care for your users. We love it when quality software like this is make available to our platform.

I truly hope enough Linux users have purchased it to make it more than worth your while. Keep up the good work!

P.S. My $70 says thank you, too :smile:

0 Likes

i add that one of the reason i love SublimeText is because of the Linux version

even if now i’m under OSX… i’m not so sure i won’t go Linux in next years!

0 Likes

that you can actually make software (close to) plattform independant

Still, it’s not free.

Pretty sure JPS prefers developing primarily on linux, due in no small part to gold

0 Likes

Just chiming in that Linux support is a huge plus for Sublime here. Being able to use Sublime across platforms was the primary factor for its choice, since I do development work across all platforms and multiple languages.

But I would again most humbly ask that in ST3 we can hide the Menu in the Linux version as we can in the Mac/Win versions. Please. This is my biggest annoyance with ST on Linux; having to see the menu in fullscreen and distraction-free modes.

0 Likes