Sublime Forum

AutoComplete not working for me [fixed]

I didn’t know Sublime Text had Auto-completion until I read in a review that it had.
So to try it out I made a quick python file, where I made a small class and imported a couple of packages.
But whatever I try autocompleting (for example, import time, then time. and I hit alt+space (which I set manually in the keybinding file to be autoComplete)),
the status line (at the bottom) says “No completion available”.

The syntax highlighter is set to python, and so is the build environment.

I’ve tried autocompleting various things in old python scripts I had lying around, it doesn’t work anywhere.
I made a small class like

[code]class Test(object):

def __init__(self):
	self.var = 0

def test(self):
	pass[/code]

thinking I should be able to autcomplete when doing

[code]foo = Test()

foo.[/code]
but still “No completion available”.

What am I missing?
I’m running the latest beta of sublimetext (20100217), and can’t find a single reference to anyone else having troubles with autocomplete online.
(I should perhaps also mention that I installed all the sublime text community packages, maybe something is interfering?)

Could I have accidentally deleted some important file perhaps?

0 Likes

Hi!

Sublime Text completes partial words, but it doesn’t give you full-blown intellisense with parameter info, short descriptions, etc. It will insert f[ctrl+space] > foo if foo has been typed before, but it won’t inspect your types for members, so that’s why it doesn’t know what should come after the dot operator. If I’m not mistaken, it only looks at the words in the current buffer to offer you candidates. You can add your own list of completions via option files too.

Cheers,
Guillermo

0 Likes

Oh, I see. That worked.
Ok, misunderstanding then.

Thanks for the clarification!

0 Likes