Sublime Forum

ST2: side-by-side configuration is incorrect

On a fresh windows 7 pro setup. On starting ST2 I get the following error:

[quote]C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe

The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the commandline sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.[/quote]

I already tried to re-install but it didn’t work.

ST3 works well but I’d prefer to use 2

0 Likes

no support for me? :cry:

0 Likes

side-by-side errors are from missing Microsoft runtimes. When you’re looking into the system eventlog, you should see some more specific informations. IIRC you should see something like msvcrt[80|90].

hth, Marcus

0 Likes

which runtimes are required to run sublimetext? i cant find an information about this in the readme

0 Likes

hello?

0 Likes

Hey @Frushl. I hope you figured this on your own, but in case you haven’t, or anyone else for that matter, I looked up how to troubleshoot side-by-side errors and it brought me to this site.

It told me to use sxstrace by the following lines in an elevated command prompt

C:\>SxsTrace Trace -logfile:SxsTrace.etl

then run the program giving you the issue. Got back to the prompt and hit enter. It will create a file for you.

Then run
C:\>SxsTrace Parse -logfile:SxsTrace.etl -outfile:SxsTrace.txt

And read the text file.

The outlined stuff (taken from the above website) in the image is what you should look into to find your issue.

For me, it was Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture=“amd64” version 9.0.21022.8, which could be fixed with the windows 2008 c++ redistributable package as outlined here.

This solution worked for me!

0 Likes