Sublime Forum

ST3 importing from the default plugins

Hey,

I’m trying to figure out how to import the ‘Default’ module, which is available in the application bundle in Mac OS X. I saw that in ST3 I can just use ‘import Default.comment’, but I’ve tried it to no avail. I also tried the dot notation even though the module is not in the same folder as the plugin I’m writing.

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

1 Like

import Default.comment should work just fine. What error are you getting?

1 Like

ImportError: No module named 'Default'

This is what I get.

1 Like

Hm. There must be some issue with your installation. I assume you are saving your plugin somewhere like ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User. I’m using build 3028. Try making a plugin that will print the Python path to see if anything looks fishy, like:

import sublime, sublime_plugin
#import Default.comment
import sys

class ExampleCommand(sublime_plugin.TextCommand):
	def run(self, edit):
		#print(dir(Default.comment))
		print(sys.path)

This prints the following for me:

'/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS', '/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/python3.3.zip', '/Users/eric/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages']
1 Like

Hey,

I’m sorry I’m replying so late. I thought I have email notifications for this thread, but I guess I don’t :smile: I put the provided code as a plugin in the path you mentioned. However I don’t see any output in the console. I’m not sure I have the entire picture and the documentation about plugin creation is really scarce. Half of the things are just educated guesses that I’m making :smile:
Anyway thanks for the help!

1 Like