Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Edit cursor off view...

Re: Edit cursor off view...

Postby mark4 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

lol that fixed it from what i can tell :)

As for marking so much code, that's not my fault! the last guy had feature-itis and he liked ALL his features in the same routine. He also did not like to reuse code but instead re-implemented it every time. I.E. External flash chip, I2c driver. LCD, its own I2c driver... LCD backlights... another I2c driver...(with bugs in different places : )
mark4

Postby mark4 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:18 am

well i discovered the flaw in this module today and i dont know if you can fix it or not but if there are multiple cursors and some of them are off screen moving the cursor removes all but one :/

this really needs a fix from the management i think :)
mark4

Postby skuroda on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 am

Hmm, I was wondering when that would come up. I hadn't decided the best way to go about managing multiple cursors. My first thought was to keep the cursor positions the same as you scroll. Of course, then I would have to decide how I want to manage multiple cursors that are more than 1 "view region" away from each other. In addition, where would I put cursors that had a column position beyond the new line. For this, I'd probably just put it at the end of that line. Now if only the API would just give the last position in that row rather than moving to the next row. Oh well though, I can do some checks for that. I'll try to post an update for that soon. :)
skuroda

Postby mark4 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:41 am

do you have a way to check if there are multiple cursors and if there are not do anything special? Im not really sure how multiple cursors should be handled but this might be the best plan. I.E. only move the cursor into the view if there are only one of them. otherwise let the editor do whatever it would do without this plugin. I dont even know if the api allows this either.
mark4

Postby skuroda on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:23 am

That's the easiest thing to do. I've updated the plugin so it should only move the cursor into the view if there is a single cursor. Otherwise, it should retain the default editor behavior.
skuroda

Postby mark4 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

tyvm :)
mark4

Previous

Return to General Discussion