Sublime Forum

Get path of selected node in side bar

How can I get the path of the selected node in the sidebar?

This could be a file or folder, and may not necessarily be the actively opened view/buffer… so please don’t suggest the following :stuck_out_tongue:

self.view.file_name()
0 Likes

You can’t right now, or at least I don’t know of a way. The closest you could get is view.file_name() though as you pointed out, that’s lacking.

0 Likes

Thanks Skuroda,

On an unrelated note: where can I make feature suggestions for the AdvancedNewFile plugin? Specifically:

When using autocomplete for folders (i.e. hitting tab), the current functionality causes the next folder to cycle through a list of all subfolders if there is more than one. Great - I like that :smile: However, how do I quickly select one of these suggestions and then continue pressing tab? I would like a workflow similar to the following:

Type: 'sr' <tab> src/ <tab> src/scala/ <tab> src/scala/domain (notice no trailing '/') <tab> src/scala/shared (notice no trailing '/') <forward-slash> src/scala/shared/ <tab> src/scala/shared/my/ <tab> src/scala/shared/my/stuff/

Currently the autocomplete for selecting the next sub-folder becomes disabled after you hit a directory with multiple folders, requiring you to type the first letter of the next subfolder to get things going again.

0 Likes

Yea, I need to make some updates to that, specifically the auto complete stuff. Things are a bit tricky because it relies on the built in auto complete functionality. I’m hesitant to pull it out completely because I know some users use ctrl+space to bring up the list of entries, rather than just tabbing through. Anyways, all issues/feature request should be posted at github.com/skuroda/Sublime-Adva … state=open

0 Likes