after trying and evaluating several programs to write LaTeX files I ended up frustrated with the idea to write my own one. Before I started I thought about what I would like to achieve and one major priority is the cross platform support and a fast and efficient way to complete my work.
With the aim to complete my PhD thesis with it I wrote a plugin for Sublime Text 2. After playing around with the available LaTeXTools for ST2 I started to improve it but after a while I realised I wrote so much from scratch and added so many new functions that I basically created a brand new plugin.
Now I am at a position where I could need some beta tester to improve the software even more and eventual add new features. Please sent me a PM if you are interested.
The official website: http://www.latexing.com
You can also give me some feedback here to the feature list below; what do you think?
- Full project support
- Smart fill of the following core commands: include, input, includegraphics, cite, bibliography
- Forward and Reverse search by using the synctec function
- “Goto Symbol” support, jump to any part, chapter, section, paragraph, label, input, include, subfile, bibliography, or LATEXing option in your LATEX file
- User defined temp directory and possibility to clean a build
- TeXLive, MikTeX, and MacTeX support
- Search for package documentation using “texdoc” commando line tool if available
- Count your words by using “texcount” commando line tool if available
- Internet Thesauruses and Dictionaries for selected words, for example via Dictionary.com, Pons.eu, or Thesaurus.com
- Bibsonomy.com support for references; import single reference, multiple references by tag, or all missing reference keys
- Support of the following packages: subfiles, cleveref, acronym, currfile
- Support of cwl files provided by the separate LaTeX-cwl extension
- Dynamic load of commands for included packages
- Smart creation of labels for parts, chapters, sections, paragraphs, caption of figures and tables
- Windows and MacOS X (Linux Version will be released eventually later, need some tester)
- many more …