Sublime Forum

Two-key accented characters stop working after a while

This is a tricky one to describe. Accented characters that require pressing two keys ( ^ => e => ê) don’t work. Pressing the accent key leaves the cursor in the same place, and pressing the letter key afterward doesn’t display anything either. Once the combination is over, typing is as usual until it’s time to enter another accent.

Right now all I know is that toggling fullscreen mode disables the accent preview that appears before hitting the letter. I have no clue what makes it output nothing after that.

Initially:

After toggling full-screen (this is then persistent even when changing screen modes):

After ??? happens, and until the app is closed and restarted:

I’ve experienced it in builds 2088-2089 at least, on OS X Snow Leopard.

0 Likes

I can replicate the full screen issue, but at this stage I have no idea what the cause is: the expected NSTextInputClient messages simply don’t get sent after the application has entered full screen mode. It’s worth noting that the issue doesn’t happen on Lion using Lion style full screen.

0 Likes

Ah, that makes sense – it must’ve started happening after one of the pre-Lion compatibility upgrades on Snow Leopard.

0 Likes

Up, I got the same issue here (Mac OS 10.6.8 w/ build 2111)

0 Likes

Up, same problem on Mac OS X 10.7.3 w/ build 2165 with use_simple_full_screen true

0 Likes

Any solution to this issue? I occasionally work with content in languages that require accents and cannot get the in ST as in every other program I work with.

FWIW I’m on Mac.

Can this be achieved with key bindings? I’m going to look into it and report back if I find a solution. In the meanwhile, if anyone knows…

0 Likes

Hello, I am French and I have to work with accents.
Probably my use of ST for writing plain text is not very appropriate but i plan to use it for all kind of tasks.

I am on Snow leopard, build 2217

Do you plan to solve this? How can i see what’s happening under the hood?

It occurs only in fullscreen/distraction free mode, after some time of typing, suddenly the two-keys is not working. Then when back to normal mode, the bug persists.

0 Likes

You guys are lucky you can type such characters at all (even once). On Linux all attempts to type anything but basic ASCII fails. All other programs I use accept the keyboard layout I have set up, with various accented characters, dead keys etc., but everytime I’ve tried Sublime Text, it has failed miserably. I thought it was just the Linux version…

0 Likes

I have a similar problem. I use ubuntu 12.04 with bépo keyboard. To obtain “ê”, the keys combinaison is “^” (dead key) since “e” but I obtain “^e”. All dead keys aren’t dead !

0 Likes