Sublime Forum

ST3 3012: Toggle comments broken

It would seem like “toggle comments” functionality is broken, at least on OS X 10.8.2, whether invoked via shortcut or menu option.

0 Likes

Ditto.

super+forward_slash

only toggles OS X’s help feature, and the menu option for toggle comment is not available either. Not a problem in ST2 though… :geek:

0 Likes

For me the help feature is super+shift+/, and just super+/ works fine… did you change your help shortcut?

0 Likes

No change of help shortcut here. I also removed the global help shortcut in OS X, but “Toggle comment” and “Toggle block comment” are still dead…

0 Likes

Toggle * comment shortcuts was working fine for me in ST2 on Ubuntu but they’re not working in ST3 (build 3021 and 3033). It’s funny how you only realize the importance of shortcuts the day they stop working. :smiley:

0 Likes

They seem to work fine for me (Win64 ST3 3037). At least for the C/C++ file types.
What file types are the toggle comments not working for?

0 Likes

Replacing ctrl+/ and ctrl+shift+/ with ctrl+7 and ctrl+shift+7 in keybindings worked for me on ST3 on Ubuntu.

0 Likes

It worked also for me, on Default(Linux).sublime-keymap - User I’ve added

{ "keys": "ctrl+7"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } },
	{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+7"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } },
]

Anyhow, I’m a bit scared about what happened to any command that use the “/” symbol :frowning:

TIP: For debugging purpose of the keybindings I suggest to use those commands in the Console:

sublime.log_input(True)
sublime.log_commands(True)

0 Likes

[ST3] Toggle Comment doesn't work in Ubuntu Linux
[CLOSED] Toggle comment - Stop working after update

Thank you! I love you :*

0 Likes

Activing sublime.log_input(True) and sublime.log_commands(True), I see ctrl+/ in console when type ctrl+;
When I type ctrl+/, nothing happens.

I using only default key bindings (I dont have any custom user key bindings).

0 Likes

Replace:

{ "keys": "ctrl+/"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } }, { "keys": "ctrl+shift+/"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } },

to:

{ "keys": "ctrl+keypad_divide"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } }, { "keys": "ctrl+shift+keypad_divide"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } },

1 Like

there was a mistake!
it was missing at start [
[ “ctrl+shift+7”]
[ “ctrl+7”]

{ "keys": ["ctrl+7"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } },
{ "keys": ["ctrl+shift+7"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } }
0 Likes

This command just stopped working for me.

I’ve tried adding alternate key bindings, and I’ve tried watching the log_input and log_commands. The issue is that the toggle_comment command is being run, it’s just not commenting out the code (HTML).
Is there another debug type log that might be helpful?

0 Likes