Sublime Forum

Find/Replace in all files + Directory Browser + Symbol list

Sorry to cram all these feature requests on a single post but iā€™d rather not spam the forum.

Overall Iā€™m loving it: the editor is fast and the key-bindings choice is very sensible (aka: I donā€™t have to relearn anything)

The features Iā€™d love the most (besides a solid support for encoding as you have in EditPadLite) are:

• find/replace that works across all open files ā€“ like in EditPadLite
  • directory browser (usually i open only the files iā€™m working with and having a list of all files in my folder/project helps me remember where is what i might be looking for next) ā€“ like in eclipse
  • symbol list to jump to functions --like in eclipse
  • visible line margin

Once youā€™ll have this itā€™s gonna be the best editor around (and Iā€™ve tried all the others!) :wink:

Thanks for listening
Lorenzo

0 Likes

Ops, just found that the visible line margin is already there :wink:

L

0 Likes

Glad youā€™re enjoying it!

Theyā€™re all in the todo list, with project support being the next major feature to come, and multi-file find / replace not too long afterwards.

0 Likes

Hi, just wondering if you have an ETA on the replace in files feature?

0 Likes

ā€œReplace in filesā€ must be probably the most handy tool aiding code refactoring (right after ā€œfind in filesā€). Can we get a status update on this issue?

0 Likes

that will be handy toolā€¦

0 Likes

it just do not show progress of replacinngā€¦

I have pressed CTRL+SHIFT+F, and nothing happened, I press again, again and after about 10-25mins I get:
do you want replace 500occurences in 200files? and I get as much qestions as I have pressed ā€˜replaceā€™ buttonā€¦
After this I get my CPU slow down about 1-2minutes and get opened so much files:

first of all: I do not see filenames - allow to configure minimal length of tab
second: they go avay from monitor =) - allow to multi line tabs. If no space for tab - start tab from new line.

0 Likes

I was very confused by this post as I began reading from the top of the thread. Would you mind making a new thread instead of posting on really old ones?
If you have that many tabs open, Iā€™d recommend using the sidebar instead. You may be able to change the minimum tab width by changing the theme file, but I donā€™t use tabs so I donā€™t really know a lot about them.
Thanks!

0 Likes

they were opened after find/replace in files :neutral_face:

0 Likes