Sublime Forum

Sublime/Compass Build stylesheet empty

Hi there! I just downloaded Sublime yesterday and, after watching the TutsPlus videos about all the cool things it can do, am kicking the tires to see if I can finally say goodbye to Dreamweaver.

I may be going overly package-happy.

I downloaded a package for SASS, the build system for Compass, and created a simple .scss file as a test:

//this is just a test.

@import "compass";
@import "compass/layout";
@import "partials/blankwork";

$mycolor: #ff0000;

@mixin foo($color1, $color2) {
	background-color: $color1;
	border-color: $color2	
}

I attempted a build, and it created a **stylesheets **folder with styles.css inside, but styles.css is empty. I’m not receiving an error of any sort (which I do when I add a mistake on purpose.) Any idea where I may be going awry? Thanks!

0 Likes

Check the console (ctrl+`, “View -> Show Console”) for errors.

0 Likes

Thank you! But could you explain a bit how to go about doing that? When I bring up the console after creating the build it’s empty, if I try to leave it open while the build happens it closes, and if I try to run “compass compile C:\Users\Melissa\Sites_Sublime test” from the command line I get a “SyntaxError: invalid syntax” message. (Though I pulled that command from the docs at compass-style.org/help/tutorials/command-line/ and it might not be what needs to be done in Sublime.)

When I ran it from the computer’s command prompt I got no errors and was told “identical stylesheets/styles.css” which, I figure is since it had already (theoretically) been compiled.

0 Likes

The console should at no time be empty since there will always be information about the Python Path and stuff at the top. Furthermore, this is a Python console, not a terminal.

Which package did you install for the build system? docs.sublimetext.info/en/latest/ … stems.html

0 Likes