Sublime Forum

Common File toolbar, and comment tag summury

Idea #1
I would like a tool bar that i can drag documents to like Fire foxes bookmarks bar.

When I am working on projects there are some core files that I always need to open to look things up, like our file of constants,… It would be nice if I could drag a tab onto a bookmark bar that is persisted as part of the project.
Then when working on that project a quick button click and it would open that file in a new tab, or focus it if it’s open already.

I know I can go ctrl-p and type the name and I do use that, but this would be quicker.

Idea #2
I would like a way to make a smart list of comment tags. for instance if i put this into my python file

foo.py
#todo: this is stuff to do

The tag window would display the following, then when you double click on the line it would jump to that position in the file.

foo.py: 200 - this is stuff to do

Idea #3 - A bonus
Make it so we can create custom panels in the UI that are doc-able and drag-able with the API.

0 Likes

You can add anything you want to the toolbar right now, it just wont have the pretty drag-drop usage.

%appdata%\Sublime Text\Packages\Default\Main.sublime-toolbar

just make a new group with something like…

<group> <button caption="My File" command="open 'c:\\test.txt'" icon="Packages/Theme - Default/file_new.png"/> </group>

+1 on #3, I want that too :smile:

0 Likes