Sublime Forum

Question About License

Hello!

I am strongly considering buying a license for Sublime Text, but I have one question that will probably make or break my decision. I read the Sales FAQ, but this wasn’t really clear. If I buy a Sublime Text 2/3 License, will I be required to upgrade to the next major version of S.T. when it comes out (e.g. 4)? Or can I just keep using 3 even when 4 is out? Basically, will I be required to buy the next version of Sublime Text to continue the use of a license I already have?

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote]Upgrade Policy
A license is valid for Sublime Text 3, and includes all point updates, as well as access to prior versions (e.g., Sublime Text 2). Future major versions, such as Sublime Text 4, will be a paid upgrade.[/quote]

sublimetext.com/sales_faq

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

[quote]Upgrade Policy
A license is valid for Sublime Text 3, and includes all point updates, as well as access to prior versions (e.g., Sublime Text 2). Future major versions, such as Sublime Text 4, will be a paid upgrade.[/quote]

sublimetext.com/sales_faq[/quote]

Okay, thanks. So this means that I can keep using an old version? If so, that’s great, but this quote came from the Sublime Text Sales Department when I emailed them, so could you further clarify? They said:

Thanks!

0 Likes

Shouldn’t you ask the sales team for clarification rather than a member of the ST community? After all, at the end of the day, what the sales team says is what really matters.

0 Likes

From FAQ: Licenses purchased for Sublime Text 3 do not expire, however an upgrade fee will be required for Sublime Text 4.

Means that if you want to use Sublime Text 4, you need to purchase an upgrade. You can continue to use Sublime Text 3.

Joshua

0 Likes