Sublime Forum

Sublime Text Not responding after view in browser

Hi,

I downloaded the latest Win 64 version of Sublime Text 2. OS is Windows 8. I had previously installed Sublime Text a few days earlier but uninstalled due to the issue I will describe. After the install, I deleted the folder …/roaming/Sublime Text 2.

I did a fresh install. Then installed the package installer from wbond.net. I installed “Emett” and “View in Browser”. There are no user preferences set.

When I go to “View in Browser” (currently Firefox), the file I’m working on is correctly displayed but Sub Text is “Not Responding” when I return. If I close the browser, Sub T. is fine again. This occurs with Chrome also.

Now, when I first installed Sub T and View in Browser, this was not an issue. Something happened subsequently to cause this and I suspect “Livereload”. I’m evaluating at this stage and had no settings to save, therefore I uninstalled, hoping to start afresh. I did not install live-reload with the current re-install.

How should I proceed? Any ideas what’s causing this? I’m happy to do a clean re-install again.

thanks,

-paul

0 Likes

Guess this isn’t a popular topic.

Let me rephrase.

How can I do a complete uninstall of Sublime Text in order to start afresh?

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’d tried this method but it didn’t solve the problem. I notice the documentation refers to Sublime Text 3 which I am not using.

I’m currently evaluating ST2 without being able to view i browser. I’m happy with the editor so far.

0 Likes

This problem occurred after updating of windows.

To resolve this problem, go to the path where your local data of sublime text 3 is stored. In my case the path was C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Sublime Text 3.

you will get two folders here in Sublime Text 3 folder : “cache” and “index”.

Delete these folders. It resolved my issue. Hope !! will resolve yours as well. Thank you.

0 Likes