Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

★ Official Bug Report and Issue Tracking

Re: ★★★★ The unofficial bug tracking, powered by us. ★★★★

Postby FichteFoll on Mon May 06, 2013 12:45 am

This somehow appeared on Package Control and can be installed now. Obviously it won't have any effect because there is just a README on that repo but how did it end up there? Did someone add it intentionally or was it just somehow "matched" (which I don't really believe)?

If it was intentional I'd like to hear why it was added.
(And if we can agree on a reason I don't see yet I might suggest adding a 'messages.json' with `{ "install": "README.md" }`.)
FichteFoll

Postby tito on Mon May 06, 2013 12:49 am

I believe every SublimeText org package is added automatically to Package Control :geek:
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby wbond on Mon May 06, 2013 1:27 am

There have been a number of issues with each repo from SublimeText being automatically added. With PC 2.0, this will no longer be the case.
wbond

Postby tito on Thu May 09, 2013 5:18 am

Hello,

I've another idea.. what about "forking" the syntax files, in another repository, and do the fix ourself, the main idea, comes becuase I don't want to populate, the ST/Issues bug reporting with lots of syntax bugs, and also, because, I believe this is something we can fix ourself. Not sure how complicate this can be. I think these syntax file are open source. Maybe we can contribute back, which would be nice for original project owners..
To be honest, would be good, if all the default packages are in a repository, maybe I'm asking to much..
tito

Re: ★ Unofficial bug track [stick, if the efforts are appreciate

Postby tito on Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 am

This post has the participation and probably support of almost the half of users of this page: memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist
Can we have a stick/pin? What about some words.. :roll:
tito

Postby FichteFoll on Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 am

The "Default packages in a separate Org but open source" idea is indeed great and came up various times in the past, but as you already mentioned I'm not sure about them actually being open-source and if we can actually upload them all. I'd like to wait for Jon's feedback in regard to this. (The Python syntax could use some enhancements.)

Btw, I closed the first (valid) issue yesterday. Is this a sign?
FichteFoll

Postby Narretz on Wed May 15, 2013 4:07 pm

I've seen that there is a category "Go To Anything", and there is one issue with this category that is actually about the command palette. While both use the quick panel, they have some notable differences in behavior. So to be correct, the category should either be "Quick Panel" or there should be distinct categories for "Command Palette", "Go To Anything" and "Go To Symbol".
Narretz

Postby FichteFoll on Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 pm

One issue (#21) is about both, Go To Anything and the Command Palette, and the other issue (#14) is about Go To Definition but apparently is also related to GoToAnything's "Go To Symbol" feature so I think the categories are okay. What isn't okay is that there are no categories for the respecitve other components (because I was too lazy to add them and didn't want to pollute the lables completely). I don't care if anyone adds them though.
FichteFoll

Postby Narretz on Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Sorry for the nitpicking, but I think I should clarify.

"Go To Anything", "Command Palette" and "Go To Definition" are three different commands, and they all use the "Quick panel" api, basically part of the interface.

This issue https://github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/21 is basically about the quick panel api, and not specific to any of the Go To's. If this is implemented, all commands and every plugin that uses the quick panel would benefit from it.

This issue https://github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/14 is about the ordering of files specifically with Go To Definition. Changing the order would maybe result in some Api changes for the quick panel, but it's basically a Go To Definition, and maybe Go To Anything issue.

What I described here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12379 is a combination of both Go To Def and quick panel, but e.g. it doesn't happen with Go To Anything.

So I suggest categories for all three commands, and additionally Quick Panel. I would gladly sort through these if you would add me to the github organization.
Narretz

Postby FichteFoll on Wed May 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Well, you are right about everything and tbh I knew all that but I've been too lazy to change the cats. Anyway, since you put effort in describing what's bothering you I put effort in fixing the unclear categories which did not exactly reflect what they affected.

Added "Go To Definiton" and "Quick Panel" categories.

[And while I think about how the command palette was special, an API for having these hotkeys on the right side as in popup (separated by \t) would be pretty handy too, I guess. I mean, there already is a feature for this, right?]
FichteFoll

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion