Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3032

Dev Build 3032 is out now, with a few more misc changes

0 Likes

Thanks for the update. I posted this bug a little late in the previous dev release thread, so thought I would repost it here too. Thanks for all the hard work!

Overriding package files leads to failures when loading python files.

To reproduce:

1. Override HTML/html.sublime-snippet. Content shouldn’t matter.
  2. Restart the editor.

Upon restart, the following occurs

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1522, in _find_and_load_unlocked ImportError: No module named 'HTML.encode_html_entities' reloading plugin HTML.html_completions Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1522, in _find_and_load_unlocked ImportError: No module named 'HTML.html_completions'

Tested in W7 x64

0 Likes

Hi Mr. Skinner,

Thank you so much for that new great release!

If you have some extra time could you, please, take a look into the locked mode problem? It seems to be just a small problem in version 3.

Open a new window using “New View into File” and vintage mode, edit this new view, close that “New View” in “Insert Mode”. This will lock the other window opened into the vintage mode he is using before the operation.

My Sublime version is installed into a Mac OS 10.8.3.

Best Regards from a huge fan of you :smile:
Tcha-Tcho

0 Likes

Any chance to get this API method added?
sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 … n_project/

0 Likes

I just want to note a personal pet issue of mine, seeing that you added changes to the go to anything panel:

• Keep the current quick panel open when alt-tabbing out of Sublime / sublime loses focus -> currently, the GoTo Anything stays open, while all others close

This shouldn’t be too difficult, no? Even if it is just implemented for the Command Palette, it would be very nice. E.g., if I let Package Control list all packages, it can take some time. If I change windows, the panel closes, and I have to do it again.

• Another nice addition would be an option to reopen the last comman palette / Go To Anything panel.
0 Likes

Small visual glitch affecting the Linux version (build3032 on Ubuntu 13.04 x64 with GNOME Shell 3.8):

• at startup, a 1px/2px white margin appears below the tab bar

• after switching to another tab, the white margin disappears

Mandatory screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368761/bugreport/sublimetext3build3032-white-margins-below-tab-bar-at-startup.png

0 Likes

Perhaps this was previously reported, but this is an issue i’ve had with multiple cursors with all ST3 builds as far as I can remember.

This in on linux 64bit and I am using Vintage mode. This issue does not affect ST2 to be clear.

As an example, I open /usr/include/GLES2/gl2.h and I copy all #define lines into a new file.

[code]/* OpenGL ES core versions */
#define GL_ES_VERSION_2_0 1

/* ClearBufferMask */
#define GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT 0x00000100
#define GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT 0x00000400
#define GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT 0x00004000

…[/code]

I want to change these so #define GL_ES_VERSION_2_0 1 turns into ES_VERSION_2_0 = C.GL_ES_VERSION_2_0

I select #define and hit Alt+F3; Backspace; Escape (vintage mode); V (visual mode); E (end of word); Ctrl+C (copy); V(visual mode off); A (append)

At this point my cursors are at the end of the named defines waiting for me to type. If I hit = C then everything looks ok, but the period character I type afterwards is inserted into the wrong positions. Essentially, as the line number increments, the position of insertion takes an additional minus one.

So I end up with this

[code]GL_ES_VERSION_2_0=C. 1

/* ClearBufferMask */
GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT=.C 0x00000100
GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT.=C 0x00000400
GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BI.T=C 0x00004000

/* Boolean */
GL_FAL.SE=C 0
GL_T.RUE=C 1

/* BeginMode */
GL_PO.INTS=C 0x0000
GL_.LINES=C 0x0001
GL_LIN.E_LOOP=C 0x0002
GL_LIN.E_STRIP=C 0x0003
GL_T.RIANGLES=C 0x0004
GL_TRIAN.GLE_STRIP=C 0x0005
GL_TR.IANGLE_FAN=C 0x0006

…[/code]

Also note, it doesn’t matter if I use Ctrl+C or if I use Y(yank);E(end of word);A(append)

And again, this is not an issue in ST2 but happens to me quite frequently on ST3

0 Likes

“Pressing right in the Goto Anything overlay will open the selected file without closing the overlay” = AWESOME!

0 Likes

I’ve noticed a minor issue in recent builds (not sure when it started). When I have two empty panes and I’m focused in the left one, if I use goto anything to open a file, it opens it in the right pane. I expect it to open in the pane I’m focused on. The dropdown for goto anything does, however, appear in the left pane.

0 Likes

Just noticed that the autocompletion popup now becomes wider when needed and wanted to express my gratitude for that :smile:

0 Likes

It’s the little things that matter. I’m actually really happy about this.

0 Likes

Within the last month I’ve started seeing a problem with the setting

"save_on_focus_lost": true

If I make a change in one tab and then click to a different open tab, the cursor input does NOT follow the window focus change. It’s caused many fat finger edits because the cursor is not where I expect it to be.

0 Likes

skuroda: There’s as issue with the python module loader, where it doesn’t respect package overrides properly. It’s a known issue from the first build of S3, and it’s on the list to get fixed

quarnster: There is still a maximum width for the auto complete, let me know if this is set too low for you

0 Likes

Great thanks jps. I apologize for bringing it up again since you already knew about it. I was helping someone with overriding packages and came across it, so thought I would mention it on the off chance you didn’t know.

Again, thanks for the response and all the great work you (and your team) have done on ST.

0 Likes

A great feature indeed.
jps, can you add this to Goto Symbol, too?

0 Likes

I was away for a bit, but from a build a couple weeks ago…
“•Windows: New style Open Folder dialogs are used on Vista and later”

THANK YOU! <3

0 Likes