Sublime Forum

Can't install packages

Hello,

I’ve been trying for a couple of weeks now to install packages without success. I managed to install Package Control, but that’s it. I’ve tried uninstalling Sublime, uninstalling then installing Package Control with no success.

I’m getting this error in the console, can anyone shed some light and/or a solution please?

File "<string>", line 1, in <module> NameError: name 'clear' is not defined Exception in thread Thread-4: Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner File ".\Package Control.py", line 1890, in run File ".\Package Control.py", line 1759, in make_package_list File ".\Package Control.py", line 1121, in list_available_packages File ".\Package Control.py", line 1066, in list_repositories File ".\Package Control.py", line 175, in get_repositories File ".\Package Control.py", line 148, in fetch_channel File ".\Package Control.py", line 1007, in download_url File ".\Package Control.py", line 602, in download File ".\urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen File ".\urllib2.py", line 383, in open File ".\urllib2.py", line 244, in get_type ValueError: unknown url type: Install%20Sublime%20SFTP

Thanks kindly

0 Likes

Go to Preferences > Package Settings > Package Control > Settings - User.

Delete the entry in “repositories” or “repository_channels” that starts with “Install Sublime SFTP”. Perhaps you ran the “Add Repository” or “Add Channel” command and pasted in “Install Sublime SFTP” instead of a URL?

0 Likes

Thank you kindly wbond, that worked.

0 Likes

I too, can’t install packages. I’ve tried both original and testing versions of the packages, but to no avail.

Console error:

Exception in thread Thread-11:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "./package_control/commands/install_package_command.py", line 42, in run
  File "./package_control/package_installer.py", line 75, in make_package_list
KeyError: 'version'

Would sincerely appreciate any assistance!

0 Likes

I too receive an error when trying to see the list of available packages to install from Package Control.

I click -
Package Control: Install Package

Receive this error in the console -

Package Control: Error downloading channel. URL error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond downloading https://sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json. error: Package Control: There are no packages available for installation.
I have Sublime Text installed in a custom folder on my local drive (not C:/Program Files, but C:/[something else])… not sure if that’s causing the problem? I am very positive that the issue is not caused by my network connection. I can navigate to sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json in my browser just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Likes

If you post your bug report at github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control/issues, then we will have notifications and I can provide better support.

0 Likes