Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2/3 Gentoo Overlay

Hi.

Do you use Gentoo or Gentoo based Linux distro (Sabayon, Pentoo…)?
Do you want to install the last version of Sublime Text (2 or 3) using emerge?

I added a Gentoo portage overlay that make you able to install the last versions of ST2 (2.0.1) and ST3(build 3021) in slots using emerge and decide wich version use as the “subl” main application (you can always use /usr/bin/subl2 or /usr/bin/subl3" from the command line for ST2 or ST3 respectively) using eselect.

For example:

eselect sublime set sublime_text_3

This is the output if the eix command in an already installed overlay system:

[code]eix sublime

• app-admin/eselect-sublime [1]
    Available versions: (~)1.0
    Installed versions: 1.0?](15:57:50 23/03/13)
    Homepage: https://github.com/DamnWidget/eselect-sublime
    Description: Utility to change the version of Sublime Text being used

• app-editors/sublime-text [1]
    Available versions:
    (2) (~)2.0.1
    (3) (~)3021
    Installed versions: 2.0.1(2)?](16:27:39 23/03/13) 3021(3)?](16:12:10 23/03/13)
    Homepage: http://www.sublimetext.com
    Description: Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.

[1] /var/lib/layman/sublime-text[/code]

Enjoy it!**

0 Likes

i reported this a few weeks ago but the posting got deleted. nice to see another gentoo user tho :smile:

jon the portage overlay isnt distributing your software, its just an ebuild that says where to go to download the executable from you. this gives gentoo the ability to track what version of this app the user has installed and what versions are available.

This overlay however is a gentoo developers overlay i believe and isnt really intended for general use yet :smile:

0 Likes

OOOOHHH this is YOUR overlay! i guess it IS ready for general consumption now then :smile:

0 Likes

Hi :smile:

Yup, it should be fully functional at the moment, I already ask for it’s inclusion in the official Gentoo layman overlays.

Regards.

0 Likes

This is great, thank you very much!! :smiley:

0 Likes

Overlay updated with latest 3033 released build

0 Likes

Overlay updated to latest 3047 release build

0 Likes