Sublime Forum

Corrupted BracketHighlighter plugin?

This error causes ST2 to not even boot up. It shows the above error and crashes on click.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes

Try to remove that file or check if it’s a valid JSON (you can check it here)

0 Likes

From your picture it is clear that BracketHighlighter is fine, but your User settings (the one you created) for BracketHighlighter are messed up. This simply means you did not edit your settings file properly and now Sublime Text cannot load it proper. Double check your syntax.

0 Likes

I managed to delete and re-install Bracket-Highlighter, but the same issue came back. I presumed that a reinstallation will reset everything back to default ?

I removed everything in the user-settings file too.

0 Likes

You cannot get an error for a user file if the user file isn’t there. If you are getting a user file error, then you need to fix your user file.

The default setting file in the package is fine. BH is not corrupted. I am using the latest on ST2 and ST3, and both are functioning fine. I have gotten no reports whatsoever about the settings file being corrupted from anyone else. A corrupted settings file would be breaking BH for a lot of people, and I am getting no reports. And I just tested them, so again, there is something wrong with your setup, not BH.

0 Likes

I know that there is something in my BH user file, so I removed whatever code there is in there.

But the error still occurs.

I re-installed BH, and straight away the error popup appeared.

I just want to know how do I clear this ‘cache’ thing in ST2 which seems to be storing my BH user file with errors somewhere…

Not blaming BH for anything in case you are mistaken :smiley: . Sorry if my previous post is a little unclear on this.

UPDATE:

Re-installing ST2 clears the problem. I guess I am not good at editing the user settings myself =/.
I will just edit the default settings manually for every update then.

0 Likes

See, here was the mistake!

An empty file will cause some sort of catastrophic failure on ST2 (and i think also on ST3).

As long your config file is a valid json (see my url), you are good to go.

0 Likes

A configuration file can not be empty, it must at least contain a {} brace pair.

0 Likes