Sublime Forum

ST3 subl --wait doenst work in .gitconfig

Hi

I have specified subl -w as editor in my ~/.gitconfig to manage merge messages, commit messages, diff etc in sublime text

Since swithcing to sublime 3 this doesnt work it seems, because git doesnt get the signal when sublime closes the file.

Anyone having the same issue or a workaround (except using another editor which is what im going to have to do until this is resolved)

Thanks!

0 Likes

I actually have the same issue. No workaround, unfortunately.

0 Likes

works for me now in the latest build. 3035

0 Likes

This is still broken for me, and is easy to reproduce with or without git.

From the command line: subl -n -w foo

change foo, save change, close window.

The shell just sits there waiting as though I hadn’t closed the window. Even quitting ST3 completely does not do the trick.

0 Likes

It’s working correctly in the latest build (3035) on OS X.

0 Likes

Ok, for the records…

I figured out why 3035 was not working for me. The problem was tmux. The tmux server was somehow preventing the shell from getting the signal that I was done in sublime text. For me the solution is to use the reattach-to-user-namespace command as described here: github.com/ChrisJohnsen/tmux-MacOSX-pasteboard I’m not sure this is the best solution, but it works. If other tmux users have run across this problem and have a better solution I would be happy to hear about it.

0 Likes

reattach-to-user-namespace does not work on my end. Are you simply passing subl -w as an argument to it? I tried this from both within and outside tmux, with the same outcome.

0 Likes

set-option -g default-command “reattach-to-user-namespace -l zsh”

in my tmux conf fixed it. Thanks everyone!

0 Likes

Thanks for the link to reattach-to-user-namespace, worked perfectly for me.

0 Likes